1360Permanent magnet flip-flop: with possible with half gainer

  • Vincent J Cataldi
    Mar 10, 2009
      I found: Permanent magnet flip-flop: with possible with half gainer
      Searching for reversal: need to understand the cause - please help if you can

      I have stumbled into a curious phenomena that I suspect may glean insight into magnet behavior which can be tapped to cause a usable and novel approach to an instant change induced through a coil without the need for a spark gap or use of electronics which will be useless under the duress of an EMP from or own SUN or someones weapon.

      I have no idea what the heck is happening, and I need a way to undo it; so I need to get an answer as to what the Heck is happening before I can hope to reverse to back; and then cycle the process physically or virtually.

      Problem is that I can find nothing about this in any reading so far, nor through any experts - I am surprised that I can not find anyone who knows this happens - but Test away - it is easy to prove this curious behavior of magnets.

      Take a bar magnet - position so North is Up and South is Down.  Now use an anvil, hammer, and a chisel to gently snap the magnet in half.  (works using a thin magnet and snapping with fingers gently too) The result is a shock to me:

      At the center (of the upper piece which was north at the top) - at the break - the north field jumps (instantly?) to the center and so the top of the upper half is now flipped south - it flipped. It may have flipped instantly.

      The bottom half does the same thing in reverse: the south jumps to the center (top of new lower piece) and the bottom most edge which was a south field, is now a north field.  I suspect a pair of pickup coils will catch an instantly induced pules from this Physical event.

      I think in my last test, breaking a magnet in half showed a top (upper side) to bottom (east to west perhaps) flip-flop too; but not sure.  This is the half gainer I refer to - but is is confusing and I want to share and ask for cooperation before asking Tom Bearden or PJK (as in PJKBook.pdf) for help, and before I run out of big magnets to split in half.

      My next test is to eliminate all sudden blows to the magnet, and slowly cut the magnet in half - when will it flip?  ... at the center as I cut down through through it, or 3/4 through, or at the instant the last piece is severed?

      What about half way cut down, and then half way perpendicular to the first cut resulting in a -1./2 and -1/4 = 1/4 the original bar.  Or, what about a hole drilled in and through the center, and increasing the hole until the smallest possible four filaments remain to hold the original physically intact.  Then, if not yet flipped, sever two opposite corners and leave the other two, then another corner.  When and why does it flip and can this property be reversed virtually and be made to do so repeatedly?

      Has any one ever played with this concept to know what the effect would be inside an induction pickup coil.  The ability to reverse this process physically is unlikely, but a virtual sever and a virtual weld might be possible using soft iron and electromagnets.

      Sorry if this is well explored and discussed - I am new to group - but well motivated.
      Help if you can - Thank for any comments.

      Vince

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic