Re: [MEFAwards] hard-to-reach authors - May 31 RE: grey-wonderer

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31 10:46 PM
      When I compiled the list, G_W's stories all had "Email sent to
      author." That meant she hadnot started her forms at that time. But
      someone mentioned (can't remember if it's here, LJ, or private email)
      that the emails her liaison sent were caught in her spam trap.

      So what you are seeing now is this list of hard-to-reach authors doing
      what it's supposed to do: authors that were originally not being
      reached have been reached and have made a start on their nominations.

      Marta

      On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:10 AM, Agape 4Rivendell
      <agape4rivendell@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >> I ask that if you know any of these authors, please contact them and
      >> have them get in touch with their liaisons. (Email address included
      >> below.) If they do not hear back in 2-3 days, please have them contact
      >> me at mefasupportATmefawardsDOTnet.
      >>
      >> In theory, this list includes authors that had at least one story
      >> nominated a week or more ago, and who have not begun any of their
      >> nomination forms or otherwise indicated to their liaisons that they
      >> want to compete. That's in theory, and there are several reasons
      >> --good ones-- why an author could show up on this list without doing
      >> anything wrong. Like I said, maybe emails have gotten lost somewhere
      >> along the way. They may be thinking about whether they want to compete
      >> and haven't made up their mind yet. Or there may be some
      >> miscommunication between the liaisons and myself. This list is
      >> intended as a "warning" more than a slap on the wrist.
      >>
      >> That said, if you're on this list it's probably a decent idea to email
      >> your liaison (or me) to make sure your story isn't withdrawn. If more
      >> than two weeks pass and you don't contact your liaison or start your
      >> form, your nomination *MAY* be withdrawn. We give nominators this
      >> option, so they can use all of their twenty nominations on stories
      >> that will actually compete. To assure that your story stays nominated
      >> please email your liaison or begin your form within two weeks of being
      >> contacted, even if you're still deciding whether to compete or not.
      >> (You still get until July 7 to complete the nomination process.)
      >>
      >> Anyway - to the list! Here are authors that we would like to hear from.
      >>
      >> Avon (liaison: foxrafer (csevans8), foxraferATgmailDOTcom)
      >> Branwyn (Lady Branwyn) (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      >> EdorasLass (liaison: Nancy Brooke, nbATnancybrookeDOTcom)
      >> Eggo Waffles (liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)
      >> Eiranae (liaison: brindlemom2(Gilnaur), brindlemom2ATyahooDOTcom)
      >> Eledhwen (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      >> Geale (liaison: brindlemom2(Gilnaur), brindlemom2ATyahooDOTcom)
      >> Golden (liaison: brindlemom2(Gilnaur), brindlemom2ATyahooDOTcom)
      >> grey_wonderer (liaison: Nancy Brooke, nbATnancybrookeDOTcom)
      >> Indigo Bunting (liaison: Dreamflower, aelfwinaATgmailDOTcom)
      >> Kenaz (liaison: brindlemom2(Gilnaur), brindlemom2ATyahooDOTcom)
      >> Lothithil (liaison: aranelgoldenflower,
      >> aranelgoldenflowerATyahooDOTcoDOTuk)
      >> mir_noldoris (liaison: Dreamflower, aelfwinaATgmailDOTcom)
      >> Peredhil lover (liaison: aranelgoldenflower,
      >> aranelgoldenflowerATyahooDOTcoDOTuk)
      >> pipkinsweetgrass (liaison: aranelgoldenflower,
      >> aranelgoldenflowerATyahooDOTcoDOTuk)
      >> Rianiel (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      >> vladazhael (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      >>
      >> If you know anyone on this list, please have them get in touch with
      >> the noted liaison.
      >>
      >> Marta
      >>

      > --
      > Life's been good to me so far!!! Praise God!

    • Barbara Rich
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2009
        That's a simple question: I emailed her, and recieved a reply from her
        yesterday evening-- her nom letters were caught in her spam trap. As soon
        as she retrieved them she began to work on them!
        Dreamflower