Re: [MEFAwards] Question about series

  • Alassante7
    Message 1 of 8 , May 12, 2009
      I think I got what you're saying =0) I have a few drabble/short stories series posted in various places. Most of them are related to the other drabbles in the series so I would want the series all nominated but others (like Dances with Tilion) are just a bunch of drabbles collected because SoA didn't want drabbles posted separately. If I had one piece nominated on that one, I'd prefer it to be competing on its own. But my other series, I would want to compete as a whole.

      So basically I would do the same for another writer. If I felt like their series was a collection of stories with the same theme, I'll nominate the whole series but if they are different various themes, I will nominate by the story. Ultimately though the writer would be the one to have the final say in what was nominated.

      ~~**~~
      I warn you, if you bore me, I shall take my revenge.
      JRR Tolkien

       ..·*´¨¨))   -:¦:-
              ¸.·´  .·´¨¨))  -:|:-
      °º.. Alassante .. º°
          -:¦:-    ((¸¸.·´*  -:|:-

      Message 2 of 8 , May 12, 2009
        On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM, Alassante7 <alassante7@...> wrote:

        > I think I got what you're saying =0) I have a few drabble/short
        > stories series posted in various places. Most of them are related to the
        > other drabbles in the series so I would want the series all nominated but
        > others (like Dances with Tilion) are just a bunch of drabbles collected
        > because SoA didn't want drabbles posted separately. If I had one piece
        > nominated on that one, I'd prefer it to be competing on its own. But my
        > other series, I would want to compete as a whole.
        >
        > So basically I would do the same for another writer. If I felt like their
        > series was a collection of stories with the same theme, I'll nominate the
        > whole series but if they are different various themes, I will nominate by
        > the story. Ultimately though the writer would be the one to have the final
        > say in what was nominated.

        Hi Alassante,

        You got it! Not only the details but also the general philosophy
        behind it. Some series have a sort of overarching theme to them, a
        structure, so it makes sense for the whole series to compete together.
        Other series are really just holders for ficlets that are too short to
        post as separate stories. In those cases you are free to nominate just
        the single part. Ultimately it's up to the author to decide whether
        they want to compete as a series or as an individual piece, and they
        do have that ability to make that choice.

        Glad to get this cleared up. :-)