Re: IMPORTANT: Changes for 2009 Awards

  • rhapsody_the_bard
    Message 1 of 39 , May 1, 2009
      --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, heartofoshun@... wrote:

      > Oh, Dawn you're probably right. I just continually feel like like
      > the effort of novellas and novels is so wearing and day-in-and-day-
      > out labor intensive and sniff! sniff! nobody cares! I am not one of
      > those people who churn them out either. I have such prolific
      > friends.
      > While I spend forever working on them. Nevermind me. I always
      > panic at any change!

      Just another point of view Oshun: last year I read as much as I could the novels in Longer works first, making sure I had time to read them on time. But that was the cate I first checked. A genre ficlet cate sounds like a cate that I will read somewhere in between to kill time (no offense meant here), whereas with a novel I want to put my feet up with my ebook reader with a cup of tea. To me it is a complete different reading experience! It does make sense to me, especially as a catch all - kinda. I am not sure what to do with a genre character studies myself (you're not alone with that because with me it is always a mix and not a pure character study), but ah well, we'll see how that goes. If it doesn't work, there is always next year. :)

      I probably have missed it (and I haven't read all messages, sorry Marta and crew), but when are the MEFA 2009 going to kick off?

      Rhapsody
      Message 39 of 39 , May 1, 2009
        pandemonium_213 wrote:

        > > Hmm, examples... pandemonium_ 213 actually jumps to mind. His "The
        > > Apprentice" and many of his Eregion fics. Because while there are
        > > undoubtedly drama and humor and action elements, the feature I really
        > > come away from those stories with is world-building, or
        > > character-building.
        >
        > What a minute! Since when did I become a guy? ;^)

        *chuckles* Apparently Annatar has been up to some rather weird sorcerery
        in Eregion. Celebrimbor is most concerned that he'll end up in the
        opposite situation, something Galadriel would *definitely* never let him
        hear the end of.

        (Feel free to consider the above as a crackfic!nuzgul tossed firmly in
        your direction...)

        Seriously, I am *awful* with pronouns. The part my brain that stores
        gender-associations (whether someone is male or female) doesn't connect
        with the part that handles pronouns, I think. (Tanaqui can attest to
        this fact, actually, as she's definitely seen me use the wrong pronoun
        before; I'm infamous for it.) It's created some rather "interesting"
        moments with a transgendered friend of mine. Thankfully he has a great
        sense of humor; he understands that it's a language issue more than a
        gender-identity issue and so he's cool with it.

        Anyway, my apologies, and please know that it was the result of a brain
        slightly addled by the end of term. :-)