Re: [MEFAwards] Re: IMPORTANT: Changes for 2009 Awards

  • heartofoshun@aol.com
    Message 1 of 39 , Apr 30, 2009
      In a message dated 4/30/2009 5:54:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      marta.fandom@... writes:

      If there's some subgroup that's not as well represented in the MEFAs as
      you think it should be, then encourage that type of fandom member to
      sign up.

      I don't know if you have any idea the level to which I have done exactly
      that! Both on Silm fics and genre. I would do it on other things as well if
      I believed they were under-represented in comparison to quality and
      quanitity of what is being produced (I am a huge reader).
      Message 39 of 39 , May 1, 2009
        pandemonium_213 wrote:

        > > Hmm, examples... pandemonium_ 213 actually jumps to mind. His "The
        > > Apprentice" and many of his Eregion fics. Because while there are
        > > undoubtedly drama and humor and action elements, the feature I really
        > > come away from those stories with is world-building, or
        > > character-building.
        >
        > What a minute! Since when did I become a guy? ;^)

        *chuckles* Apparently Annatar has been up to some rather weird sorcerery
        in Eregion. Celebrimbor is most concerned that he'll end up in the
        opposite situation, something Galadriel would *definitely* never let him
        hear the end of.

        (Feel free to consider the above as a crackfic!nuzgul tossed firmly in
        your direction...)

        Seriously, I am *awful* with pronouns. The part my brain that stores
        gender-associations (whether someone is male or female) doesn't connect
        with the part that handles pronouns, I think. (Tanaqui can attest to
        this fact, actually, as she's definitely seen me use the wrong pronoun
        before; I'm infamous for it.) It's created some rather "interesting"
        moments with a transgendered friend of mine. Thankfully he has a great
        sense of humor; he understands that it's a language issue more than a
        gender-identity issue and so he's cool with it.

        Anyway, my apologies, and please know that it was the result of a brain
        slightly addled by the end of term. :-)