MEFA 2008 Banners - FINAL CALL FOR REQUESTS

  • Tanaqui
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 27, 2009
      Hi All

      *** 5 MORE DAYS TO REQUEST 2008 BANNERS ***

      The end of January is approaching fast. If you still need to submit your
      request for Winners' Banners, please get it to us *before the end of 31
      January*, as we can't guarantee to fulfill any requests made after that
      date. Email your request to mefa dot banners at yahoo dot com.

      You can choose banners from the official site at
      http://mefawards.net/fanart/. If you need the login password to download
      any nominee banners, please email me and I'll send it to you.

      Elena Tiriel is also willing to customize the "unofficial" banners which
      she made too late to be included in this year's set of official banners.
      You can find these at
      http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/Elena_Tiriel/MEFA_2008_Banners/

      As always, a huge thank you to our banner customizers, who have done a
      fantastic job dealing with all the requests that have come in. We don't
      appear to have any outstanding requests at the moment, but if anyone has
      sent a request in and hasn't had a reply, please drop me a line and I'll
      look into it.

      Don't forget, the deadline for submitting requests is *31 January 2009*

      Tanaqui
      MEFA Tech Support
    • Agape 4Rivendell
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 31, 2009
        YIKES! - I thought I had my password but I can't find it.

        Sorry - I will be quick - I promise - once I get my password!!!

        Agape

        --
        Life's been good to me so far!!! Praise God!

      • Agape 4Rivendell
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 31, 2009
          Psst - thanks ever so much...

          Still don't have my password......

          Blessings,
          Agape
          *still shame-faced*

          On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Agape 4Rivendell <agape4rivendell@...
          > wrote:

          > YIKES! - I thought I had my password but I can't find it.
          >
          > Sorry - I will be quick - I promise - once I get my password!!!
          >
          > Agape
          >
          > On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Tanaqui <tanaqui@...>wrote:
          >
          >> Hi All
          >>
          >> *** 5 MORE DAYS TO REQUEST 2008 BANNERS ***
          >>
          >> The end of January is approaching fast. If you still need to submit your
          >> request for Winners' Banners, please get it to us *before the end of 31
          >> January*, as we can't guarantee to fulfill any requests made after that
          >> date. Email your request to mefa dot banners at yahoo dot com.
          >>
          >> You can choose banners from the official site at
          >> http://mefawards.net/fanart/. <http://mefawards.net/fanart/> If you need
          >> the login password to download
          >> any nominee banners, please email me and I'll send it to you.
          >>
          >> Elena Tiriel is also willing to customize the "unofficial" banners which
          >> she made too late to be included in this year's set of official banners.
          >> You can find these at
          >> http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/Elena_Tiriel/MEFA_2008_Banners/
          >>
          >> As always, a huge thank you to our banner customizers, who have done a
          >> fantastic job dealing with all the requests that have come in. We don't
          >> appear to have any outstanding requests at the moment, but if anyone has
          >> sent a request in and hasn't had a reply, please drop me a line and I'll
          >> look into it.
          >>
          >> Don't forget, the deadline for submitting requests is *31 January 2009*
          >>
          >> Tanaqui
          >> MEFA Tech Support
          >>

          > --
          > Life's been good to me so far!!! Praise God!

          --
          Life's been good to me so far!!! Praise God!

        • Elena Tiriel
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 31, 2009
            Hi Agape!

            You're welcome! and no Balrogs were summoned ;-)

            Actually, I'm pretty sure you don't need to login to see the banners at
            mefawards.net... just browse through them, and make note of the banner
            number (e.g. 08Win###)... that's all we really need (along with the story
            name and the award/category it won in). If you want to be *really* nice, you
            can copy the URL from your browser's address bar for each of the banners you
            want, so we don't have to browse through all the pages to find the one(s)
            you want, but that's not a necessity...

            If you have any problems, send me an email directly... I will be up for many
            hours yet....

            - Barbara

            On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Agape 4Rivendell <agape4rivendell@...

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 31, 2009
              Hi Agape,

              Barbara is correct - you don't need a password to claim your banners.
              Just...

              1. Go to www.mefawards.net/fanart/ and find the banners you want. Jot down
              the reference number (of the form "08win039" or something like that) you
              want for each story. No need to log in, anyone can *see* the banners - you
              just need a password to download them.

              2. Send an email to mefa.banners@... , listing the banner and the
              story you want to use for it.

              But to make things easy, I'll resend your email telling you your results
              right now. That should include all the info you need.

              You're welcome! and no Balrogs were summoned ;-)

              Actually, I'm pretty sure you don't need to login to see the banners at
              mefawards.net... just browse through them, and make note of the banner
              number (e.g. 08Win###)... that's all we really need (along with the story
              name and the award/category it won in). If you want to be *really* nice, you
              can copy the URL from your browser's address bar for each of the banners you
              want, so we don't have to browse through all the pages to find the one(s)
              you want, but that's not a necessity...

              If you have any problems, send me an email directly... I will be up for many
              hours yet....

              - Barbara

              On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Agape 4Rivendell <agape4rivendell@...
              > wrote:

              > Psst - thanks ever so much...
              >
              > Still don't have my password......
              >
              > Blessings,
              > Agape
              > *still shame-faced*

            • Agape 4Rivendell
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 31, 2009
                Hello, Barbara -

                No matter what I did - the website would not let me see any banners without
                logging in. I tried by using the user name and the password that I used for
                MEFA's for this year - but it wouldn't let me in.

                So I registered again - I do have problems with technology sometimes :)

                Blessings,
                Agape

                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 31, 2009
                  Hi Agape,

                  I'm sorry that you're having problems!

                  I just re-read my last message, and realized that I didn't give you the
                  right address... sorry!

                  If you go directly to <mefawards.net/fanart/>, you should be able to browse
                  the banners without logging in.

                  I should be around for at least 3 or 4 more hours, so feel free to reply if
                  you still have problems.... {{{hugs}}}

                  - Barbara

                  On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:29 PM, Agape 4Rivendell <agape4rivendell@...

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 31, 2009
                    Here you go - phew! that was difficult - but only because I had someone on
                    IM driving me nuts while I was trying to figure this out!!!

                    Genres: Drama: Featuring Boromir or Faramir, First Place

                    My Sword Weeps <http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=5057>by
                    agape4gondor
                    http://www.mefawards.net/fanart/details.php?image_id=2719

                    Genres: Drama: Featuring Boromir or Faramir, Third Place

                    Letters From Faramir<http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?stid=4732>by
                    agape4gondor
                    http://www.mefawards.net/fanart/details.php?image_id=2357

                    Races: Cross-Cultural: Friendship, First Place

                    A Cat in King Elessar's
                    Court<http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=5747>by
                    agape4gondor
                    http://www.mefawards.net/fanart/details.php?image_id=2711

                    Blessings and many thanks for your patience and kind help.

                    Agape

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 31, 2009
                      Hi Agape!

                      This looks good! I will forward it to the mefa.banners@... email box.