2008 MEFAs - Voting Closed

  • aure_enteluva
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hey guys,

      As you may have noticed, voting for the 2008 MEFAs ended a few hours
      ago. The results were really quite astounding this year. Nearly 5,400
      reviews for 660 stories! I am always blown away by so many people,
      plugging away for so much of the year, often giving comments to
      authors they don't know outside the awards. Makes my heart go
      pitter-patter with fannish glee. :-)

      I have a few "tying notes," to borrow the name of a drabble from this
      year's competition. Topics that probably deserve a word or two.

      RESULTS

      The authors who placed or received an honorable mention have been
      informed of their results by private email to the address registered
      at our website. You may want to check your spam mail box; the emails
      should have come from mefasupportATgmailDOTcom.

      Full results will be posted here by mid-week. I'll also send out an
      announcement through the promoters to inform people at various groups.

      REVIEWS

      Annmarwalk will continue posting reviews here until Wednesday, to
      space out the many reviews submitted near the end of the awards. Do
      read them if you're interested, because it's always fun to see what
      other people thought of a story.

      You can also view all of the available banners at our website,
      www.mefawards.net/MEFA2008/. Just log in and click "Reviews" at the
      top of the site.

      BANNERS

      We would like to give winning authors a banner of their choice. You
      can find the banner selections at three places.

      1. http://mefawards.net/fanart/categories.php?cat_id=799
      2. http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f163/Elena_Tiriel/
      All banners at these two sites are available to you.
      3. http://mefawards.net/fanart/categories.php?cat_id=801
      This is the banners for nominated authors. The following banners can
      be converted into banners for winning authors: 19; 72-86, 88-96, 104-111.

      Once you find a banner you'd like to use, please email
      mefa.banners@... with which one you prefer and it will be
      customized with the place and category that you won. The finished
      product will then be emailed to you.

      SUGGESTIONS FOR 2009

      Every year at the end of the awards we have held what's known as a
      post-mortem, where participants can make suggestions and debate
      subbestions made by other people. We're going to handle that a tad
      differently this year, since the awards have grown larger and also
      because of some non-fannish commitments of mine (and other key
      volunteers). We will be accepting your suggestions, though, have no fear.

      Once we finish up the 2008 awards and get the results announced, I'll
      discuss this in more detail. In the mean time, you can start thinking
      about if there are any areas of the awards that you think could be
      improved.

      THANKS

      Finally, I want to thank everyone who has participated so fully in
      these awards. Authors, thank you for sharing your work with us.
      Reviewers, I really appreciate your investment of times. Volunteers
      deserve a special gratitude; many deserve quite more than that, but
      unfortunately my gratitude is all I have to give.

      In particular, thank you to:

      --- Tanaqui and Aranel, for managing the technical end of our website.
      --- Elliska, for approving and processing new members.
      --- Radbooks and Inkling, for their invaluable advice and help on
      special projects as they came up

      --- Annmarwalk for posting the reviews at the MEFAwards Yahoo group
      and mefas LJ - EVERY DAY;
      --- Elea24 and PipMer, for forwarding on author responses to their
      reviewers

      --- Fiondil and Beruthiel's Cat, who managed the banner team, including
      ------- The banner creators: Baranduin; Cactuskim; Elea24; Elena
      Tiriel; Marta; nau_tika; and viv
      ------- The banner customizers: Cactuskim, Elea24, Elena Tiriel;
      mistry89; nancylea; Nath; Nieriel Raina; and viv

      These are just the people who have volunteered extensively since
      categorization. For a full list of all the volunteers, please see
      http://mefawards.net/MEFA2008/index.php?page=FAQvolunteers

      *Thank you.*

      Marta
      (MEFA Admin.)
    • nath kuijpers
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 30, 2008
        Marta,

        As a 'mere' author and reviewer I'd like to echo your thanks to all the volunteers who have made the 2008 MEFA possible, and add you to the list of people who deserve our warm gratitude.

        Thank you all for another great year!!

        Nath

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1 12:04 AM
          I'm grateful to all who took part, also--authors, nominators, reviewers,
          volunteers--this has been a work of love! Thanks to all.
          Bonnie L. Sherrell
          Teacher at Large

          "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

          "Don't go where I can't follow."
        • Elena Tiriel
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 1 12:23 AM
            I echo Nath's and Bonnie's thanks to all the people who made the MEFAs
            possible, both volunteers and participants... and add my surprise, pleasure,
            and gratitude that the results are already available! That was awesome!

            Best regards,
            - Barbara

          • Barbara Rich
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 1 5:22 AM
              So would I! The awards continue to get better and better every year! Thanks
              SO much to everyone who worked so very hard, especially in the last couple
              of weeks!
              Dreamflower

            • alassante7
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 1 8:51 AM
                Thanks so much to all of the volunteers and voters. Ya'll rock my
                socks!

                --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "aure_enteluva" <marta.fandom@...>
                wrote:

> [...]
                website.
                > --- Elliska, for approving and processing new members.
                > --- Radbooks and Inkling, for their invaluable advice and help on
                > special projects as they came up
                >
                > --- Annmarwalk for posting the reviews at the MEFAwards Yahoo group
                > and mefas LJ - EVERY DAY;
                > --- Elea24 and PipMer, for forwarding on author responses to their
                > reviewers
                >
                > --- Fiondil and Beruthiel's Cat, who managed the banner team,
                including
                > ------- The banner creators: Baranduin; Cactuskim; Elea24; Elena
                > Tiriel; Marta; nau_tika; and viv
                > ------- The banner customizers: Cactuskim, Elea24, Elena Tiriel;
                > mistry89; nancylea; Nath; Nieriel Raina; and viv
                >
                > These are just the people who have volunteered extensively since
                > categorization. For a full list of all the volunteers, please see

              • Berni Crumb
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2009
                  Argh! Time got away from me and then I forgot that I hadn't registered
                  at the banner site. *Headdesk* is it too late or is Jan 31st already
                  over with in England?

                  Rhyselle

                  On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 12:25 AM, aure_enteluva <marta.fandom@...> wrote:
> [...]
                  >
                  > --- Tanaqui and Aranel, for managing the technical end of our website.
                  > --- Elliska, for approving and processing new members.
                  > --- Radbooks and Inkling, for their invaluable advice and help on
                  > special projects as they came up
                  >
                  > --- Annmarwalk for posting the reviews at the MEFAwards Yahoo group
                  > and mefas LJ - EVERY DAY;
                  > --- Elea24 and PipMer, for forwarding on author responses to their
                  > reviewers
                  >
                  > --- Fiondil and Beruthiel's Cat, who managed the banner team, including
                  > ------- The banner creators: Baranduin; Cactuskim; Elea24; Elena
                  > Tiriel; Marta; nau_tika; and viv
                  > ------- The banner customizers: Cactuskim, Elea24, Elena Tiriel;
                  > mistry89; nancylea; Nath; Nieriel Raina; and viv
                  >
                  > These are just the people who have volunteered extensively since
                  > categorization. For a full list of all the volunteers, please see

                  Vorondavë ar linalmië,
                  Rhyselle

                  Fantasy remains a human right: we make in our measure and in our
                  derivative mode, because we are made: and not only made, but made in
                  the image and likeness of a Maker. -- J.R.R. Tolkien, On
                  Fairy-Stories, 1939
                • Agape 4Rivendell
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 31, 2009
                    Oh! I am sooooo glad I'm not the only one!!!

                    --
                    Life's been good to me so far!!! Praise God!

                  • Elena Tiriel
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 31, 2009
                      Relax, Rhyselle and Agape!

                      I'll keep checking the banner request mailbox for a few more days, at least.

                      There are currently requests there from Bodkin, Perianteri, and Raksha, so
                      it will take a while to get through them.

                      Oh, and Rhyselle -- yours just arrived!

                      - Barbara

                    • PGF
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 1, 2009
                        Oh, I'm so glad you got my email in time. Anyway, thank you,
                        everyone who's worked on the banners - they're all so terrific, which
                        made it harder to choose.

                        Raksha

                        <<<<--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Elena Tiriel <ElenaTiriel@...>