MEFA2008 Website Maintenance

  • melayton@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2008

      A head's up:

      If you try to connect to the MEFA website, you may receive the following
      error message:

      Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to
      local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in
      /home/mefaward/public_html/MEFA2008/lib/mysql.dbi on line 18
      Error connecting to mysql server: Can't connect to local MySQL server
      through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

      This is your computer's way of saying it can't find the database our
      website pulls information out of.

      Tanaqui and Aranel have informed me that this is because of something
      our hosting company is doing. They (Tanaqui and Aranel) were sent a
      message saying:

      "2008-06-29 15:29:20: System Upgrade: To ensure the effective running of
      our web servers from time to time we need to upgrade our systems to
      ensure their security or stability. This typically takes 30-60 minutes."

      Hopefully the website will be back up in an hour or so (if not sooner).
      This issue is beyond our control, and so there's nothing any of the MEFA
      volunteers can do to speed the process along; but the good news is,
      things will right themselves on their own, fairly quickly.

      Thanks for your patience!

      Marta
      (MEFA Admin.)