Membership difficulty thwarts nomination (Two different user identities)

  • The
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11, 2008
      mvoltfan has been an (inactive) member of this Yahoo group for several
      years.

      AuthorThe Lauderdale has been a member of the MEFAwards.net web site
      for several days.

      We're the same person and we want to nominate a story, but we are
      having difficulties because of our clashing identities. What do we do
      about this and how do we go about nominating a story?

      ~ Lauderdale
    • melayton@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2008
        Hi Lauderdale,

        You've just done everything you needed to do.

        In an ideal world, every different member of this Yahoo group should
        have an ID that allows them to vote and nominate stories at the
        mefawards.net website. But I think at some point we decided to clear out
        the database so we could be sure we had the most up-to-date email
        addresses for all our authors; and because of that some of the long-term
        MEFAwards members who hadn't been active in a while lost their accounts.

        That's why someone was able to create the new "AuthorThe Lauderdale"
        account when they wanted to nominate your story. If your "mvoltfan" ID
        had been registered with the website, they would have been forced to
        nominate you under that account.

        No worries, though. What I've done is told the website that "AuthorThe
        Lauderdale" is a member of this Yahoo group, and should be allowed to
        nominate stories.

        Go ahead and log in to

        www.mefawards.net/MEFA2008/

        with the same password you used to handle your stories that were
        nominated. You should now see links at the top of the page to nominate a
        story (by an author other than yourself), and to self-nominate one of
        your own stories. Click on the appropriate link, fill out the form, and
        submit it. That will let you nominate pieces by yourself or other authors.

        Have fun, and let us know if you need additional help.

        Marta
        (MEFA Admin.)