Re: [MEFAwards] MEFA Login + Call for Volunteers

  • Súlriel of Menegroth
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 21, 2008
      Thanks!!

      Sulriel

      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 21, 2008
        I'll be glad to be a promoter again. I have a number of websites I
        promote on.
        Bonnie L. Sherrell
        Teacher at Large

        "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

        "Don't go where I can't follow."

        I mourn for this nation.
        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
          Marta, I have a lot more time during the day (M-F) as there's a lot of
          downtime in my job. I might be able then to be a Welcome Manager. My
          weekend job does not have internet access so I'll be out there. I don't
          often get online in the evenings. I'm just rather beat by then. Got all
          this adoption stuff keeping me busy.

          But if you think you can use me, I'll be glad to get involved again on
          whatever level I can.

          --Ainaechoiriel

          http://gabrielle.sytes.net/lotr

          http://robandgabrielleadopt.no-ip.org
          <http://robandgabrielleadopt.no-ip.org/>

          http://www.livetotalwellness.com/gllp

          http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/123119

          _____

          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
            If there is still space available I would love to participate in the ratings
            committee again this year. It was a pleasure working with you and the other
            members last year.

            Oshun

            listings at AOL Autos.

          • PGF
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
              Hi, Marta:

              I have no trouble logging into the '07 site. I'd be happy to help
              out on the Ratings Panel...

              Will the MEFA '07 reviews still be available after May 1, if someone
              wants to look at them? Forgive me if I've asked the question before.

              RAKSHA THE DEMON

              <<<<<<<<<<<--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "aure_enteluva"

            • melayton@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
                Hi Oshun,

                Excellent! There is still room, and we actually need one more beside
                you, so I'm happy to have you on board.

                Marta

              • heartofoshun@aol.com

                • melayton@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
                    Thanks, Bonnie! I'll put you down.

                    Marta

                  • melayton@gmail.com
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
                      Hi Raksha,

                      > I have no trouble logging into the '07 site.

                      Excellent.

                      > I'd be happy to help
                      > out on the Ratings Panel...

                      And again, excellent. I'll put you down for that, and will be in contact
                      in a few days about it.

                      > Will the MEFA '07 reviews still be available after May 1, if someone
                      > wants to look at them? Forgive me if I've asked the question before.

                      I *think* they will be, but let me double-check on that? I'll get back
                      to you.

                      Marta
                    • aure_enteluva
                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008
                        Hi Raksha,

                        Following up on this question:

                        > Will the MEFA '07 reviews still be available after May 1, if someone
                        > wants to look at them? Forgive me if I've asked the question before.
                        >

                        > RAKSHA THE DEMON

                        Aranel gave me the following answer:

                        "Hi Marta,

                        Yes, they will be available. The 2007 site will be "turned off" but
                        all the results and reviews will be available in the archive site.

                        Aranel"

                        The archive site will be a section of the site that displays all the
                        previously-nominated stories, and at least for more recent years, the
                        reviews that have been entered for them. So while you won't be able to
                        log in to the 2007 website, you will be able to access your 2007
                        reviews through that portion of the site.

                        Marta
                      • dwimmer_laik
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008

                          > --- VOLUNTEERS ---
                          >
                          > If you want to get involved, you can become a nominator. Or let your
                          > story participate. Or (perhaps most importantly!) review some
                          stories.
                          > These are the three most common types of participants. It's not
                          > glamorous work, but it is crucial - we wouldn't have a MEFAs
                          without you.

                          > We do need some more specialized volunteers, though. If you're
                          > interested in doing any of these things, please email
                          > mefasupport-at-gmail-dot-com.
                          >

                          > 1. PROMOTER. If you're a member of a group, you can make MEFA
                          > announcements there, and either answer peoples' questions or pass
                          them
                          > along to me for an official answer. I will send out announcements to
                          > promoters, which you can personalize if you like or just forward
                          them on.

                          > *** Time Commitment: You'd need to be available fairly regularly
                          from
                          > now until the end of the awards (either the end of October or
                          November
                          > 15, depending on when we start). But it's not a major problem if
                          > you're unavailable for one or two announcements, so if you go away
                          on
                          > vacation for a few weeks that's generally okay. Making the
                          > announcements doesn't take much time - you just have to send an
                          email
                          > or make a forum post, at most once every week or two. (Usually not
                          > even that often.)

                          I can post at HA and HASA, if you still need someone to do that.

                          Dwim
                        • melayton@gmail.com
                          Message 12 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008
                            Hi Dwim,

                            > I can post at HA and HASA, if you still need someone to do that.

                            Excellent. Thanks for letting me know.