Re: [MEFAwards] Re: MEFA Login + Call for Volunteers

  • melayton@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 21, 2008
      Hi Cathleen,

      Excellent! I'm glad to have you on board again as a liaison.

      Marta

      Cathleen wrote:

      > Hey Marta, count me in once again as an author liaison and a
      > promoter! My log-in works fine, I just double checked it. Looking
      > forward to it, this will be my third time!
      > Cathleen

    • Súlriel of Menegroth
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 21, 2008
        Thanks!!

        Sulriel

        Message 3 of 23 , Apr 21, 2008
          I'll be glad to be a promoter again. I have a number of websites I
          promote on.
          Bonnie L. Sherrell
          Teacher at Large

          "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

          "Don't go where I can't follow."

          I mourn for this nation.
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
            Marta, I have a lot more time during the day (M-F) as there's a lot of
            downtime in my job. I might be able then to be a Welcome Manager. My
            weekend job does not have internet access so I'll be out there. I don't
            often get online in the evenings. I'm just rather beat by then. Got all
            this adoption stuff keeping me busy.

            But if you think you can use me, I'll be glad to get involved again on
            whatever level I can.

            --Ainaechoiriel

            http://gabrielle.sytes.net/lotr

            http://robandgabrielleadopt.no-ip.org
            <http://robandgabrielleadopt.no-ip.org/>

            http://www.livetotalwellness.com/gllp

            http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/123119

            _____

            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
              If there is still space available I would love to participate in the ratings
              committee again this year. It was a pleasure working with you and the other
              members last year.

              Oshun

              listings at AOL Autos.

            • PGF
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
                Hi, Marta:

                I have no trouble logging into the '07 site. I'd be happy to help
                out on the Ratings Panel...

                Will the MEFA '07 reviews still be available after May 1, if someone
                wants to look at them? Forgive me if I've asked the question before.

                RAKSHA THE DEMON

                <<<<<<<<<<<--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "aure_enteluva"

              • melayton@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
                  Hi Oshun,

                  Excellent! There is still room, and we actually need one more beside
                  you, so I'm happy to have you on board.

                  Marta

                • heartofoshun@aol.com

                  • melayton@gmail.com
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
                      Thanks, Bonnie! I'll put you down.

                      Marta

                    • melayton@gmail.com
                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 22, 2008
                        Hi Raksha,

                        > I have no trouble logging into the '07 site.

                        Excellent.

                        > I'd be happy to help
                        > out on the Ratings Panel...

                        And again, excellent. I'll put you down for that, and will be in contact
                        in a few days about it.

                        > Will the MEFA '07 reviews still be available after May 1, if someone
                        > wants to look at them? Forgive me if I've asked the question before.

                        I *think* they will be, but let me double-check on that? I'll get back
                        to you.

                        Marta
                      • aure_enteluva
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008
                          Hi Raksha,

                          Following up on this question:

                          > Will the MEFA '07 reviews still be available after May 1, if someone
                          > wants to look at them? Forgive me if I've asked the question before.
                          >

                          > RAKSHA THE DEMON

                          Aranel gave me the following answer:

                          "Hi Marta,

                          Yes, they will be available. The 2007 site will be "turned off" but
                          all the results and reviews will be available in the archive site.

                          Aranel"

                          The archive site will be a section of the site that displays all the
                          previously-nominated stories, and at least for more recent years, the
                          reviews that have been entered for them. So while you won't be able to
                          log in to the 2007 website, you will be able to access your 2007
                          reviews through that portion of the site.

                          Marta
                        • dwimmer_laik
                          Message 12 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008

                            > --- VOLUNTEERS ---
                            >
                            > If you want to get involved, you can become a nominator. Or let your
                            > story participate. Or (perhaps most importantly!) review some
                            stories.
                            > These are the three most common types of participants. It's not
                            > glamorous work, but it is crucial - we wouldn't have a MEFAs
                            without you.

                            > We do need some more specialized volunteers, though. If you're
                            > interested in doing any of these things, please email
                            > mefasupport-at-gmail-dot-com.
                            >

                            > 1. PROMOTER. If you're a member of a group, you can make MEFA
                            > announcements there, and either answer peoples' questions or pass
                            them
                            > along to me for an official answer. I will send out announcements to
                            > promoters, which you can personalize if you like or just forward
                            them on.

                            > *** Time Commitment: You'd need to be available fairly regularly
                            from
                            > now until the end of the awards (either the end of October or
                            November
                            > 15, depending on when we start). But it's not a major problem if
                            > you're unavailable for one or two announcements, so if you go away
                            on
                            > vacation for a few weeks that's generally okay. Making the
                            > announcements doesn't take much time - you just have to send an
                            email
                            > or make a forum post, at most once every week or two. (Usually not
                            > even that often.)

                            I can post at HA and HASA, if you still need someone to do that.

                            Dwim
                          • melayton@gmail.com
                            Message 13 of 23 , Apr 23, 2008
                              Hi Dwim,

                              > I can post at HA and HASA, if you still need someone to do that.

                              Excellent. Thanks for letting me know.