Stats for 2007 Awards

  • aure_enteluva
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2008
      Courtesy of Tanaqui. Some of you might find these interesting, I know
      I did.

      Total Stories: 726
      Total Story Reviews: 5012

      Total Story Review Points: 23,036
      Total Story Review Characters: 2,347,835

      Average Story Review Score: 4.96
      Average Story Review Characters: 468

      Average Total Story Score: 31.73 points
      Average Total Story Characters: 3234

      Longest Story Review: 4736 characters (35 reviews greater than 2000
      characters)

      Max Total Story Points For Any One Story: 118
      Max Total Story Characters For Any One Story: 14349
      Max Total Story Reviews For Any One Story: 19

      Persons who left Story Reviews: 102
      Total Authors: 221 (including groups as 1 author)
      Total Nominators: 98
      Total Active Participants (Authors + Nominators + Reviewers): 243

      For those interested in these things, Anthony posted similar stats for
      the 2006 awards at

      (MEFA Admin.)
    • Denise
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 22, 2008
        Thank you, Marta and Tanaqui - I really enjoyed perusing these.

        I'm amazed that there were actually fewer reviews this year than
        last, for about the same number of participants. But compared to last
        year's statistics, my impression is that this year's reviews were
        slightly longer and perhaps a bit better spread out among the stories?

        One question: I think the MEFAs started about a month later in 2007
        than in 2006 (the first year I participated). Will nominations open
        up a bit earlier this year, do you think?

        Thanks again for taking the time to pull all this information out!

        Denise

        --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "aure_enteluva" <melayton@...>

      • melayton@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 22, 2008
          Hi Denise,

          > One question: I think the MEFAs started about a month later in 2007
          > than in 2006 (the first year I participated). Will nominations open
          > up a bit earlier this year, do you think?

          I forget exactly when nominations open - May 1 or June 1, I think? - but
          yeah, we're hoping to start a bit earlier this year. Exactly when
          depends on how many changes are requested that Tanaqui and Aranel need
          to implement. And how much of a rest I need. :-) But depending on all of
          that, we should start in late March or early April.

          Marta
        • Imhiriel
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 23, 2008
            --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "aure_enteluva" <melayton@...> wrote:

            > Courtesy of Tanaqui. Some of you might find these interesting, I know
            > I did.

            (snip statistics)

            Thank you Marta, and Tanaqui!

            Imhiriel