Re: [MEFAwards] hard-to-reach author winners

  • melayton@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 12, 2008
      Hi Oshun,

      > OK. Great. Sorry. Just checked it's my misspelling/misremembering. If I
      > were
      > better at Elvish languages, I would have gotten it right the first time.

      N/p. With such a large and varied fandom, there really could be two
      people by similar names.

      > I > will let all three of them know. Although I have not heard from
      Pen52 in a
      > while, I do have a couple of way to contact her.

      Excellent.

      I think this will be my last attempt at contacting authors to let them
      know they've won. (Though I will contact the promoters to let them know
      to distribute the list.) We've made a good-faith effort, and I don't
      want to pester authors either. So if you can't get in touch with them
      that's okay. But I did want to put out one last plug to try to reach
      some of these folks.

      Marta
    • heartofoshun@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 12, 2008
        In a message dated 1/12/2008 5:06:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        melayton@... writes:

        The spelling we have at the website is Adaneth, but it's possible it's a
        mis-spelling from somewhere along the line. She's nominated for "Fair
        Folk and Foul" and "Rock and Hawk."

        OK. Great. Sorry. Just checked it's my misspelling/misremembering. If I were
        better at Elvish languages, I would have gotten it right the first time. I
        will let all three of them know. Although I have not heard from Pen52 in a
        while, I do have a couple of way to contact her.

        Oshun

      • Kathy
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 12, 2008
          Hi Marta,

          I can contact Aratlithiel and Rowan.

          Kathy/Inkling

          --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "aure_enteluva" <melayton@...>

        • melayton@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 12, 2008
            Kathy wrote:

            > Hi Marta,
            >
            > I can contact Aratlithiel and Rowan.
            >
            > Kathy/Inkling

            Hi Kathy,

            Excellent. Thank you!

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 12, 2008
              Sorry I haven't been to pick out a banner or seven, but have been
              fighting work schedules, trying to download drivers for the new printer
              that refuse to download, and frustration that every time I've EVER
              downloaded such things, the computer I downloaded them to has been
              wiped in one manner or another within a few weeks. And, as I don't
              frequent sites where they post well, I'm wondering about the relevance?
              Bonnie L. Sherrell
              Teacher at Large

              "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

              "Don't go where I can't follow."

              I mourn for this nation.
            • nau_tika
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 12, 2008
                I've sent a message to Willow. If you hear from Adaneth and it's the
                wrong one, blame me because I messaged her before I saw Oshun's post.

                Sorry!
                nautika

              • heartofoshun@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 12, 2008
                  It was the right one, Nautika. So she'll get the message twice. Willow too.
                  No big deal.

                  Oshun

                • melayton@gmail.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 12, 2008
                    Hi Bonnie,

                    I'm sorry work (and life, it sounds!) has been so hectic.

                    Banners aren't for everyone. If you'd like them you're welcome to them,
                    but if you don't want to bother or have no real use for them, that's
                    fine, too. I put them at my LJ, but not many other places.

                    If you decide you'd like some in the future, let me know.

                    Marta

                  • melayton@gmail.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 12, 2008
                      Hi Nautika,

                      No problems. Thanks for emailing Willow and Adaneth; I hope they get in
                      touch soon.

                      Marta

                      nau_tika wrote:

                      > I've sent a message to Willow. If you hear from Adaneth and it's the
                      > wrong one, blame me because I messaged her before I saw Oshun's post.
                      >
                      > Sorry!
                      > nautika

                    • Gypsie Rose
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 13, 2008
                        I'll forward your message to Roh_wyn. I know that she knows about her award, though.

                        "Rose"

                        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
                      • melayton@gmail.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 13, 2008
                          Gypsie Rose wrote:

                          > I'll forward your message to Roh_wyn. I know that she knows about her
                          > award, though.
                          >
                          > "Rose"

                          Hi Rose,

                          Thanks, I appreciate it.