Re: Reviews Now Available

  • elhanan_austin
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 30, 2007
      --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "PGF" <PGail99@...> wrote:

      > For the past hour, I have been unable to access the MEFA site - is my
      > computer being obnoxious, or has anyone else had similar trouble? At
      > any rate, I certainly hope the situation is temporary.
      >

      > RAKSHA

      I;ve been trying to get into MEFA as well with no luck. Usually when I
      can't access a website it means that the Chinese gov't has blocked it.
      But I can't imagine why they would block this site. There's nothing in
      it that is detrimental to the Chinese gov't. Not like Wikipedia. I hope
      this is just a temporary glitch.

      Fiondil
    • Elena Tiriel
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
        Hi Marta!

        I just want to say how excited I am to finally be able to read reviews, not
        only for my own story but also for my friends'. It is thrilling!

        That's what makes the MEFAs so extraordinary -- and so inspiring.

        To all the volunteers who make the MEFAs possible each year: thank you! ;-)

        - Barbara, whose contented muse is raising a glass of fine Dorwinion to the
        MEFA volunteers

        On 9/30/07, aure_enteluva <melayton@...> wrote:

        > Hey guys,
        >
        > As many of you may have noticed, reviews are now visible at our
        > website. Go to http://www.mefawards.net/MEFA2007/ and log in. Or if
        > you don't have a password, click on "log in as guest". Once logged in,
        > click the "Read Reviews" link, and you'll see all of the final reviews
        > that have been entered. That's 930 reviews available for your browsing
        > privilege, at the time I'm writing this email.
        >
        > There's been some confusion on whether you can still enter reviews.
        > The answer is YES. Reviewing is absolutely allowed until these awards
        > end on DECEMBER 30. The only difference is that you'll no longer be
        > able to *edit* final reviews. You can enter new reviews, and edit the
        > draft and hidden ones. I hope everyone will continue to do that.
        >
        > Annmarwalk has volunteered to post the reviews to the MEFAwards Yahoo
        > group. (LJ folks, she'll be giving you guys links to the Yahoo posts
        > where the reviews are posted, so you won't miss out.) She'll be
        > posting 50 or so reviews a day until we're caught up. This means that
        > for a while, the reviews she posts every day won't be the ones posted
        > on that day. In the past people have been confused by that. We stagger
        > posting the reviews so people don't come home to 900 reviews in their
        > inbox. If you want to see the most recent reviews you can find them at
        > the website.
        >
        > Authors: While it is by no means required, sometimes authors have
        > wanted to email their reviewers to thank them for their comments.
        > You'll notice that members' emails are not visible on our webpage. If
        > you would like to send an email to a reviewer, please email it to
        > mefasupport(at)gmail(dot)com, and I will forward it along to the
        > reviewer (along with your email address in case they choose to reply
        > back). Of course, if you know the reviewer's email address, feel free
        > to email them on your own.
        >
        > Occasionally you may find a review that you think needs correcting for
        > some reason. Sometimes a review is accidentally entered for the wrong
        > story, or it does not follow the award rules (for instance, quotes are
        > not blocked off.) Other times, the reviewer composes reviews in a word
        > processor and just made a mistake coopying and pasting into the review
        > form. If a review seems off, email mefasupport(at)gmail(dot)com to
        > discuss it.
        >
        > I think that's it! Happy reviewing guys!
        >
        > Marta
        > (MEFA Admin.)

      • Arthur Boccaccio
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
          Well, something happened while I was out shopping. Now I can get in. Thanks
          to whichever Maia has duties over the internet.

          So now I better go and see which of the reviews I've done so far are ready
          to be posted. *grin*

          Fiondil

          On 10/1/07, Elena Tiriel <ElenaTiriel@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > You'll notice that members' emails are not visible on our webpage. If
          > > you would like to send an email to a reviewer, please email it to
          > > mefasupport(at)gmail(dot)com, and I will forward it along to the
          > > reviewer (along with your email address in case they choose to reply
          > > back). Of course, if you know the reviewer's email address, feel free
          > > to email them on your own.
          > >
          > > Occasionally you may find a review that you think needs correcting for
          > > some reason. Sometimes a review is accidentally entered for the wrong
          > > story, or it does not follow the award rules (for instance, quotes are
          > > not blocked off.) Other times, the reviewer composes reviews in a word
          > > processor and just made a mistake coopying and pasting into the review
          > > form. If a review seems off, email mefasupport(at)gmail(dot)com to
          > > discuss it.
          > >
          > > I think that's it! Happy reviewing guys!

          Auta i l�m�! Ut�lie'n aur�! � Battle Cry of the Noldor at the Dagor
          Nirnaeth Arnediad

          Aur� entuluva! � Battle Cry of H�rin at the Dagor Nirnath Arnediad

          Ut�lie'n Estel � Hope hath come

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
            PGF wrote:

            > For the past hour, I have been unable to access the MEFA site - is my
            > computer being obnoxious, or has anyone else had similar trouble? At
            > any rate, I certainly hope the situation is temporary.
            >
            > RAKSHA

            Hi Raksha,

            I'm not sure what happened. I've been able to access the MEFA site when
            I've needed to all this afternoon and evening. Are you still having
            problems?

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 1, 2007
              Hi Barbara,

              You're most welcome. I'm glad you enjoy the reviews. It's far from a
              single effort, as many volunteers and reviews work hard on all of this.
              *cheers for all the MEFA peoples*

              Marta

              Elena Tiriel wrote:

              > Hi Marta!
              >
              > I just want to say how excited I am to finally be able to read reviews, not
              > only for my own story but also for my friends'. It is thrilling!
              >
              > That's what makes the MEFAs so extraordinary -- and so inspiring.
              >
              > To all the volunteers who make the MEFAs possible each year: thank you! ;-)
              >
              > - Barbara, whose contented muse is raising a glass of fine Dorwinion to the
              > MEFA volunteers

            • PGF
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
                The problem persisted for altogether about 90 minutes I think; so I'd
                thought it a temporary glitch. But alas, I have the same problem
                again right now - I can reach this site, and even the page with links
                to MEFA 2007 and 2006, but when I click on the link to 2007, I'm
                redirected to AOL's search page, where it says "Error Gateway
                Timeout", just like last night.

                I have no difficulty going to any other website; so I think the
                problem is at MEFA. Hopefully, I'll eventually be able to access the
                site again, but in the meantime, it's inconvenient.

                RAKSHA

                <<<<--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Marta Layton <melayton@...>
                wrote:

                > PGF wrote:
                > >

                > > For the past hour, I have been unable to access the MEFA site -
                is my
                > > computer being obnoxious, or has anyone else had similar trouble?
                At
                > > any rate, I certainly hope the situation is temporary.
                > >
                > > RAKSHA
                > >

                > Hi Raksha,
                >
                > I'm not sure what happened. I've been able to access the MEFA site
                when
                > I've needed to all this afternoon and evening. Are you still having
                > problems?
                >
                > Marta>>>>

              • araneltook
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 2, 2007
                  Hi Raksha,

                  The hosting company appears to be having some trouble, so it's out of our control.

                  Sorry for the inconvenience,

                  Aranel