First Votes Will Be Made Public Soon

  • aure_enteluva
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16 5:16 PM

      Beginning October 1, reviews will start showing up at our website.
      Beginning that day, you will see two new links when you log in to
      http://www.mefawards.net/MEFA2007/:

      **************************
      Read Reviews
      Read Reviews already written and scored.

      Read Reviews By Reviewer
      Read Reviews already written and scored, with a filter for
      Reviewers. Defaults to reading your own reviews.
      **************************

      Clicking on either link will show you any final reviews already
      entered into the website. And there have been quite a few already
      entered. We'll display newly-entered final reviews once a week, until
      the end of voting on December 30.

      Why am I telling you all of this? First, because it's exciting, and I
      know many of you who are authors are looking forward to seeing your
      reviews? Also, if you've entered any final reviews they'll be
      displayed beginning October 1. If you don't want this to happen, I
      suggest you change their status from draft to hidden; that way it will
      still count even if you don't do anything more to the review, but you
      can still edit it through December 30.

      You won't be able to edit final reviews after October 1. If you make
      an actual mistake like you enter a review for the wrong story or
      forget to mark off a quote, you can email the following to
      mefasupport(at)gmail(dot)com:

      - your name
      - the ID # of the story (or the title of the story if you don't know
      the ID #)
      - what you would like the review to read

      If you email me this information before December 30, I'll change it
      for you. However, I'll only do this if there's a mistake that needs
      correcting. If you just want to make your review longer, I won't do
      this. If you think you'll want to edit a final review, make sure you
      change its status from Final to either Draft or Hidden BEFORE OCTOBER
      1. (I recommend hidden in most cases; if you change it to draft,
      you'll need to change it back to hidden or final before December 30
      for it to count.)

      Also: I will need a volunteer who will have fairly regular internet
      access between now and the end of the awards. This person will be
      posting reviews to this group as they are made available on the
      website. It would take maybe 10-15 minutes a day, if that.

      I hope you are all having fun reviewing! If you have any questions or
      need help, please feel free to ask.