Errors with Story URLs

  • aure_enteluva
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2007

      A few members have noticed that, when they tried to read a story to
      review it, the story didn't load correctly. In most cases this means
      the link we were provided was wrong. If this is the case you will get
      an error like:

      - Error 404/file not found
      - incorrect story/chapter combination
      - you are asked to log in to view the story

      If you get any one of these errors I want to know about it! Just post
      here or email me at mefasupport(at)gmail(dot)com and I'll try to get
      it fixed.

      Sometimes the story is one chapter in a multi-chapter "story". (For
      instance, Grey Wonderer's story "Trust a Brandybuck and a Took",
      http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=2364, where each
      chapter is a single-part story.) Sometimes what is the story title at
      the MEFA website is actually the chapter title at the page where the
      story is linked -- and the chapter title isn't always viewable on the
      page being linked to. If you get a page displaying a story but the
      title doesn't match the title of the story you're trying to find, see
      if there's a link to a list of the chapters in the story, and see if
      the story you're looking for is listed as one of the chapter titles.

      Occasionally, you'll get a "server not found" error. This almost
      always happens when the web page is having technical problems or is
      temporarily down for upgrades. Check the link again in a few days, and
      if you still have a problem, post about it here or email me at
      mefasupport(at)gmail(dot)com.

      That will be all. I now return you to your regularly-scheduled
      reviewing. :-)