Never received login

  • christinex1001
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 7, 2007
      Hi -- I signed up with the group so I could nominate and vote on
      stories for the awards, but I don't think I ever received a
      password/login information for the actual MEFA site. What should I do?

      Thanks!

      (My pen name is ChristineX, if you need that information....)
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 7, 2007
        christinex1001 wrote:

        > Hi -- I signed up with the group so I could nominate and vote on
        > stories for the awards, but I don't think I ever received a
        > password/login information for the actual MEFA site. What should I do?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > (My pen name is ChristineX, if you need that information....)

        Hi ChristineX,

        I'm not sure why you never received that password. I just have resent it
        to you, from the address mefasupport@.... Could you double-check
        that it didn't get filtered as spam for some reason?

        If you don't receive it, I can post it somewhere for you, but if I do
        that everyone would see it. Do you have an LJ or somewhere that's a
        *bit* more private than such a public Yahoo group? Or if you have an
        instant messenger then I could give it to you that way. Please let me
        know what would be best for you.

        Marta
      • christinex1001
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
          --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Marta <melayton@...> wrote:

          > Hi ChristineX,
          >
          > I'm not sure why you never received that password. I just have
          resent it
          > to you, from the address mefasupport@... Could you double-check
          > that it didn't get filtered as spam for some reason?
          >
          > If you don't receive it, I can post it somewhere for you, but if I do
          > that everyone would see it. Do you have an LJ or somewhere that's a
          > *bit* more private than such a public Yahoo group? Or if you have an
          > instant messenger then I could give it to you that way. Please let me
          > know what would be best for you.
          >
          > Marta

          Hi, Marta.

          Yes, Yahoo's good ol' spam filter nuked. I found it, after filtering
          through about five pages of junk. Oy! Thank you very much for
          resending it.
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 8, 2007
            Hi ChristineX,

            > Yes, Yahoo's good ol' spam filter nuked. I found it, after filtering
            > through about five pages of junk. Oy! Thank you very much for
            > resending it.

            No problem--glad you received it.

            Marta
          • alastiel
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 9, 2007
              --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "christinex1001" <christinex1001@...>
              wrote:

              > Hi -- I signed up with the group so I could nominate and vote on
              > stories for the awards, but I don't think I ever received a
              > password/login information for the actual MEFA site. What should I do?
              >
              > Thanks!
              >
              > (My pen name is ChristineX, if you need that information....)

              Hello -- same thing happened to me. My penname's Alastiel. A little
              help, please?
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 9, 2007
                Hi Alastiel,

                Are you the author of "Council" and "Sent Unto Men"? If so, you have
                been nominated under the name Alassiel, and with the address
                erundil(at)clearwire(dot)net. I have just resent that author's account
                to that email; it was sent from the email address
                melayton(at)gmail(dot)com, with the subject "MEFAs".

                Can you check that email address? Or if this is you but that email
                address is wrong, let me know and I'll resend the password to
                alastiel(at)gmail(dot)com.

                Thanks,
                Marta

                On 7/9/07, alastiel <alastiel@...> wrote:

                > --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "christinex1001" <christinex1001@...>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi -- I signed up with the group so I could nominate and vote on
                > > stories for the awards, but I don't think I ever received a
                > > password/login information for the actual MEFA site. What should I do?
                > >
                > > Thanks!
                > >
                > > (My pen name is ChristineX, if you need that information....)
                > >

                > Hello -- same thing happened to me. My penname's Alastiel. A little
                > help, please?

              • alastiel
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 9, 2007
                  I'm afraid that isn't me. I'm sorry. But if you could resend the
                  password and login I never received, I'd really like to nominate a
                  story or two and vote. Please send it to alastiel at gmail dot com,
                  if it's not too much trouble.

                  Thanks. :)

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 9, 2007
                    Hi Alastiel,

                    Okay, I see the confusion. With the names so similar, I just assumed
                    there was a typo somewhere.

                    I've sent you your password to your gmail address. It should be coming
                    from my personal account, melayton(at)gmail(dot)com.