Re: [MEFAwards] Reviews

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 26, 2007
      Agape wrote:

      > Is there anyway that I can see the stories I have already reviewed?
      >
      > Many thanks!
      > Agape

      Hi Agape,

      There sure is.

      1. Log in to http://www.mefawards.net/MEFA2007/
      2. Click on the "Browse Nominated Stories" link.
      3. Do you see a list of filters? (Story Type, Author, etc.) If not,
      click the "Show Filter" link.
      4. From the "Review Status" link click "All Reviews".
      5. Click the "Display selected nominations" button.

      This will show you all the stories you've reviewed. You can also display
      all the ones you've entered a certain type of review (Final, Hidden, or
      Draft) by selecting that option at step 4.

      HTH,
      Marta
    • beleg1cuthalion
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 18, 2007
        This might be a silly question, but when will we able to see any
        reviews given to the nominated tales (I'm sure I missed something, but
        bear with me and just try to help me - so far I can only see the
        reviews I have written myself so far). And yes, I'm still behind with
        my goal, but I keep trying to catch up. *grins*

        CĂșthalion
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 18, 2007
          Hi Cuthalion,

          Excellent question!

          You can see the reviews you have written any time through the "browse
          nominated stories" page (just click the "Edit [Draft/Hidden/Final]
          Review". But that's probably not what you were asking. *grin*

          On October 1, a new link will show up on the page you see when you log
          in to the voting website. It will say "Read Reviews" and will be right
          under the "Browse Nominated Stories" link. If you click on it, you'll be
          able to read all the final reviews people have written so far. Hidden
          reviews will be displayed either when the reviewer changes them to final
          reviews, or after voting closes on 12/30.

          Marta

          beleg1cuthalion wrote:

          > This might be a silly question, but when will we able to see any
          > reviews given to the nominated tales (I'm sure I missed something, but
          > bear with me and just try to help me - so far I can only see the
          > reviews I have written myself so far). And yes, I'm still behind with
          > my goal, but I keep trying to catch up. *grins*
          >
          > CĂșthalion
        • Geek Chick
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 21, 2007
            A related question -- will there ever be a way for me to see all reviews that I have written (for all stories) on a single page? E.g. if I want to see a list of all my draft reviews so I can look through them and decide which ones to promote to final, etc. Or will I always be required to search for the reviews one-by-one by searching for each story?

            Thanks!

            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 22, 2007
              Hi Geek Chick,

              When the reviews start going public on 10/1, there will be a second page
              where you can view all the reviews by a certain reviewer. There will
              be a link to it from the main page right under the "Read Reviews" links.
              However, I'm pretty sure this will only display your reviews that are
              currently visible--which while the award is still going on means only
              final reviews.

              There is a way to see all of the stories you have submitted a certain
              type of review for. And you can even see it now. You don't even have to
              wait for October 1. Log in, click the "Browse Nominated Stories" link,
              and look at the filters, the drop-down lists that let you limit what
              stories are displayed. (If you don't see these, you may need to click
              the "Show Filter" link.) One of the filters is Review Status. If you
              select "Draft" and then click the "Display selected nominations" button,
              this will show all the stories you've entered a draft review for. The
              other options let you show those stories you've entered hidden or final
              reivews for, or some combination of those.

              If you do that, to edit a review you'd still need to click the "Edit
              [Draft/Hidden/Final] Review" link in the right-hand column. But at least
              you'd see all the stories you've reviewed together. Does that do what
              you want it to?

              Marta

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 22, 2007
                Hi Geek Chick,

                Geek Chick wrote:

                > A related question -- will there ever be a way for me to see all reviews
                > that I have written (for all stories) on a single page? E.g. if I want
                > to see a list of all my draft reviews so I can look through them and
                > decide which ones to promote to final, etc. Or will I always be required
                > to search for the reviews one-by-one by searching for each story?
                >
                > Thanks!

              • aure_enteluva
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 23, 2007
                  --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Marta <melayton@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Geek Chick,
                  >
                  > When the reviews start going public on 10/1, there will be a second
                  page
                  > where you can view all the reviews by a certain reviewer. There will
                  > be a link to it from the main page right under the "Read Reviews"
                  links.
                  > However, I'm pretty sure this will only display your reviews that are
                  > currently visible--which while the award is still going on means only
                  > final reviews.

                  Hi Geek Chick,

                  I wanted to follow up on this point. I was talking about this with
                  Aranel Took (one of our web programmers) and she says that your draft
                  and hidden reviews will also be visible to you. So beginning on
                  October 1, you should be able to see all of your reviews by clicking
                  on the "Read Reviews by Reviewer" page and selecting your own name as
                  the reviewer whose reviews you'd like to see.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 23, 2007
                    Hmm. I just got a notice that I've met my reviews quota, although I've
                    not. I set my quota at 100, and have done not quite fifty so far. Is
                    the counter off? Any ideas?
                    Bonnie L. Sherrell
                    Teacher at Large

                    "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

                    "Don't go where I can't follow."

                    I mourn for this nation.
                  • Geek Chick
                    Message 9 of 13 , Aug 25, 2007
                      Yes, that's just what I was looking for! Thanks!

                      Geek Chick wrote:

                      > A related question -- will there ever be a way for me to see all reviews
                      > that I have written (for all stories) on a single page? E.g. if I want
                      > to see a list of all my draft reviews so I can look through them and
                      > decide which ones to promote to final, etc. Or will I always be required
                      > to search for the reviews one-by-one by searching for each story?
                      >
                      > Thanks!

                    • elvishwriter
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 2, 2010
                        Have all the reviews been tallied and posted? I'm a bit confuzzled on this.

                        Elvish Writer
                      • Tanaqui
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 2, 2010
                          Hi Elvish Writer

                          All the "scoring" reviews left for each story are now visible at the
                          voting website, and are being posted in batches by annmarwalk at the
                          mefas LJ.

                          The final results and winners in each subcategory will be available on
                          the voting website and announced here just after midnight GMT on 4 January.

                          We need a couple of days to check that everything is as it should be,
                          and to send individual emails to each of the winning authors (these will
                          be going out over the next day or so) before we release the results here
                          and at the website.

                          Hope that lessens the confuzzlement.

                          Tanaqui
                          The MEFA Admin Team

                          elvishwriter wrote:

                          > Have all the reviews been tallied and posted? I'm a bit confuzzled on this.
                          >
                          > Elvish Writer
                        • elvishwriter
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 3, 2010
                            Hi Tanaqui!