Site Updates

  • Liz
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
      Hi All

      Aranel and I have been working to fix several errors that have cropped
      up with the MEFA2007 site. The site may have moments of being down
      throughout the day whenever we upload fixes, but it should usually be
      back up in a couple of minutes.

      One issue we're still working on is that several people have reported
      they've seen errors when nominating a story, even though the form has
      been filled out correctly. Aranel and I have looked into this and
      identified that it happens when you add a new author and then
      immediately try to nominate a story by that author.

      Aranel is working on a fix to the code but until that's ready the
      "quick fix" is to log out after entering a new author, and then log
      back in to add the story. The form will then correctly pick up the new
      author you just entered and no longer show the error.

      If you have any other problems, please let us know!

      Tanaqui
    • linaewen0
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
        I just sent an email to mefasupport, because I was unable to log in to
        the MEFA2007 site using my username and password from the 2006 site,
        which I thought were supposed to work for both. It doesn't recognize
        my email address, either, for requesting my password.

        I can log in as a guest, but not as myself. ;-)

        Thought I'd mention my wee trouble here as well!

        Thanks!

        Linaewen

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
          Hi Linaewen,

          Thanks for posting here. I was checking in during a lull at work, and
          probably would not have seen this until tonight if you hadn't posted
          about it here (as I usually don't log in to mefasupport away from
          home).

          For some reason your account was never set up at the voting website.
          It should have been. With as many members as we have it's inevitable
          that we'll occasionally make mistakes, so if you ever don't have
          access to something you think you should be able to, speak up so I or
          another volunteer can look into it for you.

          I've set up your account now and emailed you the account information
          privately. Let me know if you have any more problems.

          Marta

          On 6/1/07, linaewen0 <marggrenawalt@...> wrote:

          > I just sent an email to mefasupport, because I was unable to log in to
          > the MEFA2007 site using my username and password from the 2006 site,
          > which I thought were supposed to work for both. It doesn't recognize
          > my email address, either, for requesting my password.
          >
          > I can log in as a guest, but not as myself. ;-)
          >
          > Thought I'd mention my wee trouble here as well!
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Linaewen
          >
          > --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Liz" <liz.warren@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi All
          > >
          > > Aranel and I have been working to fix several errors that have cropped
          > > up with the MEFA2007 site. The site may have moments of being down
          > > throughout the day whenever we upload fixes, but it should usually be
          > > back up in a couple of minutes.
          > >
          > > One issue we're still working on is that several people have reported
          > > they've seen errors when nominating a story, even though the form has
          > > been filled out correctly. Aranel and I have looked into this and
          > > identified that it happens when you add a new author and then
          > > immediately try to nominate a story by that author.
          > >
          > > Aranel is working on a fix to the code but until that's ready the
          > > "quick fix" is to log out after entering a new author, and then log
          > > back in to add the story. The form will then correctly pick up the new
          > > author you just entered and no longer show the error.
          > >
          > > If you have any other problems, please let us know!
          > >
          > > Tanaqui

        • linaewen0
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2007
            I'm all set, thanks so much! :-D