It's Almost Time!

  • aure_enteluva
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2007

      I've been working the last few weeks with Anthony, Aranel Took, and
      Tanaqui to get our website ready for the 2007 awards. Thank you for
      your patience as we got ready! We will start accepting nominations on
      June 1, and they'll remain open until July 15. I am as excited to get
      started as you are, and I just want to make sure everything is running
      as smoothly as possible so no one gets frustrated when we start the
      awards.

      Before that happens, though, I need your help testing the new website.
      You'll need to be a member of the Yahoo group mefa-discussion
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mefa-discussion/) to help with testing,
      so if you're not a member please join up. If you have some extra time
      we'd love your help.

      I'll post more about what exactly testers should do at that group. And
      I'll remind you guys when nominations are open.

      While I'm thinking about it, it's worth reminding everyone: MEFA dates
      start at Greenwich Mean Time. You can find the current "official" time
      by going to any page on our website (or hitting reload) and looking in
      the bottom-left corner. It's the line starting with "Page Served at:
      ". GMT is not necessarily the same as your local time!

      So when I say voting starts on June 1, that means it will start on
      12:00:01 AM, June 1, GMT. Here on the U.S. East coast where I live,
      that will actually be at about 8 PM on May 31. Similarly, nominations
      will close at 11:59:59 PM, July 15, GMT -- which for me works out to
      be around 8 PM on July 15. It will be a different time depending on
      where you live, so watch that time on our web page.

      Bye for now!

      Marta
    • Barbara Rich
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2007
        Oh wow! Last night I was wondering how things were going, and when
        nomination season would open!
        I'm so excited! I have several fics picked out to nominate already!
        Dreamflower