Spammers at the FAQ Boards

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2007

      I really and truly hate spammers. They make it hard for people to
      participate in what they want to do, drowning out legitimate posts, and are
      just *rude*. Not to mention a few of them are suggestive enough to make me
      uncomfortable for the sake of our teenage participants. If a post advertises
      a product unrelated to the awards, is full of links, or something like that
      then it is my policy to delete the post and ban the IP address of the
      poster.

      Some of you probably know we have our FAQ and rules as a series of posts at
      http://www.mefawards.net/faq/ . Lately we have been hit by spammers. Hard. I
      am deleting the messages as soon as I can get to them. However, I don't
      check those boards every day and so there may be a few days between when a
      post is made and when I see it to delete it.

      If you see spam on our boards, please bear with me. Also, it's very
      possible I haven't seen it yet, so please tell me. To do this send an email
      to mefasupport@.... Keep it short, something along the lines "There's
      spam on the FAQ boards - can you delete it?". And you will most likely get a
      2-3 word reply from me; don't be offended, it's just that I'm busy so I may
      only type "Thanks, spam removed".

      If you do have a longer question please include it in a separate email.

      Oh, and I hope to have the FAQs and rules in an easier-to-use format for
      next year, so we won't have this problem. But for the meantime, if you see
      spam, that's the situation.

      That is all. Thanks for your patience. :-)