Post-Mortem

  • aure_enteluva
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 8, 2006

      I have started the post-mortem over at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mefa-discussion/ . If you are interested
      in discussing how these awards can change for 2007, please look at
      that group. We won't be discussing changes here like we have in
      previous years, because I want to keep this list fairly low-volume for
      those people who just want to participate in the awards and aren't
      interested in all of the policy debates.

      Marta
    • heartofoshun@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2006
        Unrelated question--not all of the award banners are viewable to me.

        For example, I went to Romance sector, where I had won a second in the
        Romance General WIP section and the other banners were visible, but not the one
        for Second Place. Are they not finished yet? Or is something wrong with my
        access?

        Thanks.

        Oshun

      • Rhapsody
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 8, 2006
          heartofoshun@... wrote:

          Hi Oshun,

          > Unrelated question--not all of the award banners are viewable to me.
          >
          > For example, I went to Romance sector, where I had won a second in the
          > Romance General WIP section and the other banners were visible, but not the one
          > for Second Place. Are they not finished yet? Or is something wrong with my
          > access?

          Anthony and I are working hard to solve this. The banners are stored
          elsewhere on the site and we encountered problems with the filenames
          because the system in which the story results are displayed is running
          on different software. All the story and award banners were finished on
          Wednesday and in some cases the banners loaded directly, but with others
          not, like for example in Romance or the Author Awards for some big
          categories like Elves, The Great years, the First Age and Romance. I
          know Anthony was working on it yesterday to create 'soft links'. So once
          we solved that problem, you will receive instructions where and how to
          pick up your banners. It's all in the works and we really try to do our
          best to get the shineys to every author as soon as possible.

          Thank you and everyone else for your patience,

          Rhapsody
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 8, 2006
            Hi Oshun,

            Rhapsody and Anthony are still working on a few of the banners. Hopefully
            those will be resolved in a few days.

            It's not just you - I checked, and I can't see Romance/Incomplete myself.

            Would you like me to make an announcement here when all of the banners are
            ready? *Most* are there now, but there are a few that are still being worked
            on.

          • heartofoshun@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 8, 2006
              Oh thanks so much, Rhapsody. As long as I am not the problem (yet), I am
              happy. (I sometimes have my own browser problems and just wanted to
              doublecheck.)

              Thanks. I know it is such a small thing for me to worry about on the grand
              scale of all work that you have done.

              Oshun

            • heartofoshun@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 8, 2006