Reviews for 30 September

  • Rhapsody
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2006
      Title: Voices on the Wind · Author: Phyncke · Times: First Age and Prior
      · ID: 112
      Reviewer: Rhapsody · 2006-09-01 21:55:48
      This story is stunning! Within a moment, Phyncke draws you into the
      story and as a reader, you feel the emotions and thoughts that pass
      through Fingolfin’s mind. Her description of Fingolfin riding to battle
      is simply amazing and as the story progress, you feel the tension
      mounting with every step he takes. You know what will happen, but to be
      a witness of it through Phyncke’s writing is quite an experience.

      ["You will pay for what you have done."]

      I almost got up from my chair with my fist clenched. And this is what
      the author achieves so perfectly with this story. You really want to
      have Melkor pay for what he has done to every character you so love in
      the Silmarillion and the pain of the elves and men avenged. The fight
      that follows is vivid and action packed, but the ending is so moving and
      touching. Where the story started with a feeling of vengeance, the
      author finishes with giving the reader a feeling of hope and peace. The
      story feels very complete and compact with a great insight in the main
      characters emotions and background. It clearly shows that Phyncke spend
      a great deal on research and getting the details right. The addition of
      the image has surely been an inspiration to the writer, but with her
      writing, the reader doesn’t need it. Phyncke is showing us the image in
      her story. This is simply a great story for a very promising and
      talented writer!

      -----------------------------------
      Title: Untold Tales of the Mark: The Banishment of Eomer · Author:
      Katzilla · Genres: Alternate Universe: Incomplete · ID: 836
      Reviewer: viggomaniac · 2006-09-01 23:35:38
      While I will confess to having only read the first fourteen chapters
      thus far (note: thus far) I can say that everything I've read up until
      now points to this story as one of superior storytelling. Katzilla (as
      she always does) has woven an intense, dark story of betrayal and her
      Eowyn and Eomer 'come to life' in the telling. Wormtongue's loathsome
      schemes are realistic, Eomer's sense of reluctance to face and resulting
      helplessness caused by the Worm's very real power is wonderfully told.
      The plot is intricate and leaves one wondering from chapter to chapter
      what could possibly go wrong next. An excellent, excellent tale and one
      that will no doubt leave your heart pounding at the end of each chapter.
      Her original characters are brilliantly painted and we find ourselves
      becoming easily involved in their lives as well as those of Tolkien's own.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: To Tell a Tale · Author: Anso the
      Hobbit/Beruthiel/Bodkin/Dreamflower/Elendiari22/Jay of
      Lasgalen/Lindelea/Pearl Took/pipkinsweetgrass/Rabidsamfan/Shirebound
      CoAuthors · Races: Cross-Cultural: Incomplete · ID: 973
      Reviewer: Marta · 2006-09-02 03:43:59
      This is a neat little story. All of the characterizations are pretty
      true to what Tolkien wrote, but some of the stories are what are
      particularly precious. I particularly liked Bergil's one about
      Thorongil. Now that was silly!
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Until the King Returns · Author: Marta · Races: Men: Vignette ·
      ID: 540
      Reviewer: Inkling · 2006-09-02 07:28:13
      I love fanfics that make me think, that grapple with the same
      philosophical issues to be found throughout LOTR. In this story Marta
      has imagined a Mardil confronted with the classic moral dilemma: does
      the end justify the means? And he is tormented by the fact that no
      matter how much he rationalizes, he knows very well that it does not. He
      has deliberately allowed his king to ride to torment and death, and he
      will never be rid of his guilt, despite having acted in what he believed
      to be the best interests of the kingdom. In his line ["...they would not
      see the blood that refused to wash away"] I hear echoes of Lady Macbeth:
      ["Out, damned spot!"]
      -----------------------------------
      Title: In the Service of the King · Author: grey_wonderer · Times: The
      Great Years: Post-Sauron's Fall · ID: 138
      Reviewer: pippinfan88 · 2006-09-02 18:24:11
      Once again, Grey Wonderer takes us all on a brilliant adventure within
      her most excellent imagination! Without giving too much of the story
      away, this is a beautiful story, beautifully written of how Pippin
      interacts with a certain group of friends--most new, some "old"--and how
      easy it is for folk jump to the wrong conclusion with the wong
      perception. Follow Pippin as he goes about the City with his friends and
      discovers some things about the place that will become his second home.
      Initially, the reader will surmise that our beloved Pippin has reverted
      to his old ways--the Pre-Quest Pippin, but don't let that fool you.
      Natually, he manages to get into a bit of a fix while going about with
      his friends, however, this allows him to hear certain talk going round.
      I loved the scene of Pippin paying the piper for his mischief. Pippin
      also assists the newly crowned King with something that is important to
      all monarchs. Grey Wonderer is one of my most favourite authors, and I
      always delight in reading about her hobbits whether they are in the
      Shire or abroad. I have enjoyed reading "In the Service to the King"
      immensely and plan to come back to it again soon! A very wonderful story!

      -----------------------------------
      Title: In the Mind's Eye · Author: Garnet Took · Races: Hobbits:
      Incomplete · ID: 144
      Reviewer: pippinfan88 · 2006-09-02 18:47:40
      This story began with Pippin's birth and the author plans to go all the
      way through to the Quest. Everything flows so naturally in this tale.
      Paladin's worry over his newborn son, the possiblity of his inheriting
      the family titles, and most of all--appeasing Lalia, present head of the
      Took clan. And she is a demanding Took! She seriously does not want a
      family of ignorant dirt farmers taking over Great Smials and lays out
      her demands accordingly. However, Paladin and his family--namely
      Pippin--defies them all. He not only survives infancy, he thrives.
      Eventually, little Pippin discovers that he has a special gift--or is it
      a curse? Either way, we get to watch and see how he deals with it. As
      usual, he often finds comfort in his dearest Merry and Frodo; it's a
      delight to watch those relationships grow.

      The author is now taking us through his teen and tweenaged years, which
      are full of happy and sad moments--and what is a childhood without
      mischief? The author has her own spin on her Middle-earth universe, and
      I am enjoying the discovery of it. Through her carefully crafted writing
      and the creativity in her writing, I am easily drawn in as a reader. I
      am truly enjoying "In the Mind's Eye", and I'm very eager to see where
      she takes us in the next update!
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Demand and You Shall Receive · Author: grey_wonderer · Genres:
      Humor: Children · ID: 159
      Reviewer: pippinfan88 · 2006-09-02 19:10:18
      Oh, my gosh, when I first read this story I fell out of my chair
      laughing! Grey Wonderer has a very special talent for humor, but even
      more so of writing children humourously. Young Merry has got his eye on
      the young faunt, and for a reason, which we all will soon find out.
      Frodo spins this yarn in a first-person account of how Pippin gets his
      way...or demands his way, lol. The interaction between these three is so
      hilarious it almost hurts.

      At first, tweenaged Frodo cannot believe the awful things young Merry
      has to say about their fauntling cousin, however, he learns the hard way
      that perhaps Merry is more astute than he realizes. We get to watch how
      Frodo tries desperately to amuse the wee child while attempting to stay
      out of trouble himself and not injure the baby. Wee Pippin is made of
      sturdier stuff than we think, but he is so cute! The author throws in a
      good measure of baby-talk to make little Pippin even more adorable.

      I absolutely adore all of the author's hobbits, but Pippin and Merry are
      my abstolute favourites--especially as children. Merry is always such a
      wee smart-aleck in her tales--and he knows it--and he's good at it! He
      even gets in a few good jabs at Frodo in this story--just enough to say,
      "You should have listened to me!"

      This is yet another one of those tales of Grey Wonderer's that I plan to
      return to read over and over again.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Shelter · Author: Shirebound · Times: The Great Years:
      Post-Sauron's Fall · ID: 217
      Reviewer: pippinfan88 · 2006-09-02 19:18:20
      This is a beautiful story set in Cormallen where Aragron and company
      prepares for an approaching weather storm. This endeavour can be a bit
      tricky, as the soldiers and wee warriors are still recouperating from a
      very Dark storm of their own: the battle before the Black Gate. I love
      how the author portrays the astonishment of the Men, and how they honour
      and revere the sleeping heroes. Some very nice hurt/comfort going on in
      this story for the hobbits, and young Pippin is extremely anxious to get
      on his feet again. But he, at least, obeys his King and stays in bed
      until told to rise, lol. This is a wonderful glimpse into the author's
      muse, her beautiful, and marvelous world of hobbits. I thoroughly
      delighted in reading this lovely story.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Consequences of a Fall · Author: Dreamflower · Races: Hobbits:
      Hurt/Comfort · ID: 221
      Reviewer: pippinfan88 · 2006-09-02 19:37:36
      A lovely, well-written tale about little Pippin Took and his misfortune
      of being without his Merry to play with and to keep an eye on him. Oh,
      and the sub-plot of Merry and his little "misadventure" is fantastic,
      but in the end, he does do the right thing, and it really is rather comical.

      Another plot involves Pippin's oldest sister, Pearl, and the
      circumstances surrounding Cousin Lalia's accidental death. Dreamflower
      writes this part very lovingly and tenderly. The interactions between
      family members is magnificent! As usual, I enjoyed those parts the most.

      The author introduced an Original Character in "A New Reckoning", named
      Hyacinth, who makes an appearance in the main/sub-plot. She is one
      character that I love to hate! This self-centered hobbitess is driven by
      selfishness, status, and riches (not necessarily in that order!) and
      oozes with the fruits thereof: hatred, bitterness, and just plain evil.
      The author has done a marvelous job in making Hyacinth a
      three-dimensional character--she does have one or two extremely brief
      moments of amiability, but they are still in line with the character's
      own selfish end-purposes. Her behaviour throughout the tale is
      appalling, yet at some point in the tale, I almost cried for her
      pitiable state. I hope Dreamflower expounds in yet another tale about
      this lovably hateful character.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Only By The Stars · Author: Rous · Genres: Romance: Poetry · ID: 740
      Reviewer: Súlriel · 2006-09-02 22:52:48
      Rous, this is beautiful and so very Elvish. I seldom read poetry, but
      couldn't resist this one. Thank you for writing this, and sharing it
      with us.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Rivendell 9 to 5 · Author: Claudio · Times: Fourth Age and
      Beyond: Incomplete · ID: 562
      Reviewer: Oshun · 2006-09-03 02:23:01
      “Rivendell 9 to 5” is hardcore hilarious, serious nonsense. One of my
      guilty pleasures of the last few months has been reading Claudio’s fics.
      I adore them. He has seen me through many a long and lonely night, bouts
      of depression, and pernicious and persistent writer’s block. When the
      world has been dark and dreary and the dawn both too close and too far
      away, he has always been there for me. (Patience, patience. This is
      being scored on number of words you know and Claudio is a master and
      deserves the full complement.)

      I learned at a highly-respected university that among the
      characteristics of what constitutes great literature is a universality
      of themes and a quality that draws the reader to return to read it over
      and over again only to discover with the passage of time and experience
      further precious nuggets of Truth. Hey, then, by those standards,
      “Rivendell 9 to 5” is unequivocally great literature.

      And how about those timeless and well-drawn characters? I can see my own
      often more than mildly dysfunctional family through the prism of
      Claudio’s characters and his understanding that every family in its own
      special way is dysfunctional be it Noldor, Sindar or Silvan, living in
      Rivendell, Mirkwood, or on its way to Valinor. When my youngest rails on
      about how her older brother unknowingly embarrasses and humiliates her
      by sending her publicly visible stupid comments on “MySpace,” I cannot
      help but think that she is my Elladan (intelligent, sensitive, but
      seemingly mired in the trivial inanities of day-to-day modern life),
      while he is her Elrohir (beloved, irritating, immature, amazingly
      clueless brother).

      More examples of how “Rivendell 9 to 5” transcends place and time: I
      flew to a family wedding last week. And what did I think of as I neared
      the security checkpoint? I thought of how Erestor had his nail file
      confiscated at the airport before that fateful flight which comprised
      the first leg of the journey of he and Elrond to Valinor. By the way,
      when I first read that airport section of the first chapter and Claudio
      slyly slips in that momentous bit from Elladan that he thinks he might
      not see his father again, I was overcome by emotion. What is this? Is
      Elladan pondering the choice of the Peredhel? Can he be thinking of a
      mortal life? Well, I still don’t know: cliffhanger, foreshadowing, red
      herring? No matter. I’m hooked.

      There are too many great parts to list them all. But I’ve got to mention
      a few. Loved it when Legolas, in the company of Elladan and Elrohir, is
      reading Thranduil’s email and gets caught by an IM and is stuck
      exchanging endless IMs with Glorfindel while pretending to be his father.

      Can’t tell you why reading Celeborn being called grandpa in Claudio’s
      context is so funny. It just is. Love the part where Elladan and Elrohir
      go to Mirkwood and the description of its discomforts in comparison to
      Rivendell or Lothlórien. Great line there too: [Valar save me, I am in a
      third world country.] Been there. Done that. (Not Mirkwood, but places
      like that!) The lack of water pressure and hoping for something ethnic
      and getting Frosted Flakes.

      Legolas is adorable in this story—much more developed and likeable than
      he was in “The Elladan show.” What a guy! He knows how to make Nandorin
      food, including hot and sour soup and pan fried dumplings. Hmmm? And
      he’s nice to look at too. Well, I won’t speculate on what comes next,
      but just hope Claudio gets back to work on this story soon. Great stuff.

      -----------------------------------
      Title: Hidden on the Mountain · Author: Imhiriel · Times: The Great
      Years: Gondor Fixed-Length Ficlets · ID: 945
      Reviewer: Raksha the Demon · 2006-09-03 03:51:30
      I have a slight problem with the premise of this drabble, mainly the
      idea of Gandalf preserving a snip of the White Tree of Gondor for the
      future and that one growing secretly into the sapling to which he later
      guides Aragorn; but the culmination of that premise, the sapling's
      finding in its secluded berth, told here from the POV of the sapling
      itself, does work.

      Nice line about the gentleness of Aragorn's hands just prior to his
      taking the sapling from the earth - a good allusion to Aragorn's
      transition from mighty warrior to renewer and healer-King.

      Many interesting concepts packed into this hundred-word drabble!
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Fond Memory · Author: Isil Elensar · Genres: Drama: The Steward's
      Family · ID: 331
      Reviewer: Raksha the Demon · 2006-09-03 03:57:38
      Lovely imagery and concepts here, good execution, of Faramir reading to
      Boromir as their mother used to do, and twenty-year-old Boromir
      enthralled with the power of words and history. One doesn't see too much
      fanfiction where Boromir enjoys reading, and this tale's casting Faramir
      as a storyteller as well as a scholar is a nice touch.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Scattered Leaves · Author: Aratlithiel · Races: Hobbits:
      Post-Sauron's Fall · ID: 110
      Reviewer: elentari3018 · 2006-09-03 04:35:04
      This was one of the first fics i've read and i have printed it out and
      have reread it a lot. The angst just shatters me but i feel that it is
      so well written, well described and makes me cry for Frodo so much. Very
      realistic description and protrayal of Frodo's grief at losing the Ring.
      Being that it is first-person, it is even more heart-wrenching to hear
      Frodo's thoughts of the Ring post-Quest in that manner. I have always
      identified most with Frodo and find that Aralithiel does a great job of
      portraying him post-Quest. THis fic is no exception to her skill in
      making me cry for Frodo.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Bad Step · Author: Mariole · Races: Hobbits: Incomplete · ID: 786
      Reviewer: elentari3018 · 2006-09-03 04:41:23
      This story had me thinking about it during the day and even dreaming
      about it since i'm on the edge of my seat most of the time with it
      anticipating an update everyday, every minute. It's hard to find fic
      that focuses solely on Sam, with Sam getting most of the attention and i
      am finding this story to be one heck of a rollar coaster ride.
      When Sam decides to mend the trail so that Mr. Frodo won't have a
      mishap, he ends up in quite a predicament himself and is injured pretty
      badly on a fall.
      What makes this story so engaging and so downright attractive and
      wonderful are the descriptions and the plot that is so suspenseful and a
      delight to read because it makes you so sympathetic and fretful of Sam's
      situation.
      The author is a wonderful story-teller, able to keep you on the edge of
      your seat so darn well. The story is laced with some humor as well and
      that's awesome considering that it's very angsty as well.
      Though it is a work in progress, you can see how popular the story is
      for all the readers are tense with anticipating the next part.
      For anyone who loves Sam and love Sam being the center of the story,
      this is the fic for them. And Mariole is such an awesome writer that she
      does not disappoint in any chapter. (other than being so realistic,
      realistic to the point of me wanting to jump into the story myself and
      help Sam. ;)
      I hope the author will find time to continue soon for she sure does know
      how to make a reader insomniac and begging for more every single day and
      minute. :)
      -----------------------------------
      Title: A New Kind of Courage · Author: Auntiemeesh · Genres: Drama:
      Featuring Pippin or Merry · ID: 959
      Reviewer: elentari3018 · 2006-09-03 04:46:12
      This gap-filler is one of the first story ideas that i had in writing
      fanfiction but I am so very glad that Auntiemeesh has already done such
      a wonderful job in describing Merry's feelings when he holds his vigil
      for his friends while he waits for them to come around in Cormallen. Not
      only is this an awesome gap-filler and one of my favorite stories of all
      time, there is amazing description, humor, angst and hurt/comfort that
      all sound so realistic.
      I've always felt for Merry when he has to be always "left behind" and to
      finally read a fic that so amazingly fills in the gaps between everyone
      leaving Merry to the BLack Gate to Frodo and Sam's wakening and Merry's
      own healing and thoughts is a rare treat and indeed one of my favorite
      time periods to explore.
      I'm very grateful for this fic and glad that i've read it... several
      times indeed. :)
      Her characterizations are wonderful--I really enjoyed her Merry, Pippin,
      Aragorn and Legolas in this story. The ending was very satisfying where
      Merry finally defeats his nightmares and Frodo and Sam awaken.
      The most special part of this fic is that even though there is angst
      surrounding this period for Merry, there is hope too and the moments
      between Merry and Pippin are my favorites.
      I recommend this fic for anyone who's thirsting for a great fanfic that
      focuses on Merry, how he dealt with being the one who has to wait it out
      for his friends to recover, yet has to deal with his own fears and
      healing too. After reading this, I can feel for Merry a lot more and
      appreciate him as much as I do the other hobbits.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Healing the Healer · Author: SlightlyTookish · Times: The Great
      Years: The Fellowship · ID: 935
      Reviewer: Linda Hoyland · 2006-09-03 06:39:42
      A truly delightful little story showing the truth of the adage that
      healers make the worse patients. The Hobbits' concern for Aragorn is
      very sweet but one has to feel for the poor Ranger as he finds himself
      minus his shirt and his boots and smothered in wet cloths and foul
      smelling poultices !Both amusing and touching.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Book Learning · Author: Branwyn · Genres: Romance: Incomplete ·
      ID: 910
      Reviewer: annmarwalk · 2006-09-03 16:15:36
      What a wonderful story. Your use of language is both Tolkienish (if we
      can even imagine him writing about such things) and droll. Faramir,
      Eowyn, Freydis, even Eradan and the poor turnip-farmer are all
      marvelously well drawn and characterized.

      You've gotten Eowyn's voice down perfectly: shy maid, proud daughter of
      Eorl, confuzzled bride. The details of the ceremonial rituals are very
      well described, as well as the marital act itself - poor girl! All her
      knowledge of animal husbandry was of little use in this instance.
      (Though her pastoral background does emerge again, when she's studying
      the textbook: ["The men bore huge members, worthy of a studhorse, and
      the smiling women had breasts like great, round cheeses."] LOL!) You've
      really made us feel for her confusion and isolation.

      And poor Faramir – how sorely he must have felt the loss of brother,
      cousin, uncle; any man to whom he could have gone for advice without
      embarrassment. It’s perfectly in character for him to have turned to the
      library for answers to his queries. I love your description of the text
      itself, vivid illustrations and miniscule print; and searched in vain
      for a similar one during my visit to the Chester Beatty Library. The
      flashback of Boromir, Faramir, and Eldahil, whispering excitedly over
      the richly detailed pictures, is priceless.

      As was so well demonstrated in “By the Light of Earendil’s Star”, it’s
      obvious that you’ve put a lot of research into the tale. I’m looking
      forward to discovering the imaginative uses Eowyn has in mind for those
      vegetables, and whether Faramir will soon feel giddy from shock, or
      exhaustion
      -----------------------------------
      Title: The Beauty of Memory · Author: pipkinsweetgrass · Races:
      Cross-Cultural · ID: 652
      Reviewer: annmarwalk · 2006-09-03 18:22:21
      Oh, this is lovely. I really like the idea that Boromir’s influence on
      Pippin would be so far-reaching, that Faramir would be able to recognize
      his brother’s habits, stance, walk, and manner of speech in the
      halfling. There’s no gushy hero-worship on Pippin’s part: he tells his
      stories clearly and vividly, allowing Faramir to share Boromir’s last
      days through the eyes of another who admired him as much as Faramir
      himself did.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Counting the Days · Author: Lady Bluejay · Genres: Romance:
      Lothíriel & Éomer · ID: 281
      Reviewer: Marta · 2006-09-03 18:56:07
      Neat little story. I relaly like the details near the beginning about
      just how slowly the Rohirrim are to get started that morning. And I
      think Eomer is right: he does have to get married and Lothiriel is good
      for Rohan. His other reasons were cute, too.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Interrupted Journeys: Journeys of Discovery · Author: elliska ·
      Genres: Drama: Incomplete · ID: 163
      Reviewer: Marta · 2006-09-03 20:02:10
      Normally I cannot enjoy stories involving young elves because in most
      cases there simply are not the canonical events to shape their
      childhoods well enough for me to see the connection to Tolkien's larger
      work. But this is different. Maybe it is because the author has already
      developed a rich background for Mirkwood in her previous four stories,
      and it is reflected here in a manner digestible to children. And her
      elves (adult and child) act so real. This author has a deep
      understanding of human nature and how what Tolkien wrote about elves
      would reflect it. It's a great yarn, and it won me over quickly.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: A Rohan Ghost Story · Author: Katzilla · Genres: Adventure · ID: 278
      Reviewer: Dwimordene · 2006-09-04 01:07:23
      *Despite* the ill contrivance of Fanfiction.net, which delighted to load
      blank pages and have site overloads, I have finally managed to work my
      way through this story.

      Katzilla takes us through another AU scenario, interestingly done, in
      which Grima has managed to survive and indeed fool others into believing
      him dead. Safely under the radar, he returns to Rohan to breed uruks and
      plot his revenge against Eomer. Methinks the councilor may have gone
      just a bit more unhinged in his wanderings, as anyone who thinks
      displaying the bound and helpless king of Rohan to his people and
      threatening to loose vengeful Dunlendings and orcs on them will get him
      his way really should have learned a lesson from the last time that
      tactic was tried. He may complain of the unteachable stubbornness of the
      House of Eorl, but Grima's the ultimate mule when it comes right down to it.

      Poor Eomer, drugged and trying to distinguish reality from false memory
      and phantasms that play off of and twist his own sense of buried doubt
      over all that happened during the war years, is open to manipulation,
      especially wounded as he is. Fortunately, the people of Rohan, chance,
      and the loyal Elfhelm know what to do, and aren't afraid to pay the
      necessary price to save him and their realm from Grima's assault. What
      will happen in the aftermath of that invasion, as Eomer steps closer to
      a new and married life, remains undetermined, but I'm sure Katzilla will
      get around to filling it in for us eventually.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: Swan Dance · Author: Rhapsody · Times: First Age and Prior:
      Fixed-Length Ficlet · ID: 797
      Reviewer: Oshun · 2006-09-04 01:33:00
      Really wonderful writing. There is so much more that is contained in
      this piece than is apparent at first glance. You're breaking my heart
      here--you give us the good and bad of Feanor's sons and pack so many
      disparate points into such a tiny piece. Think I got a lot of what you
      intended (although I'm sure not all). I am certainly no Silm scholar.

      There is the reluctance to be called a kinslayer--so they become
      so-called kin. While he admits it is unforgivable, still the cause is of
      high importance. Yet, at the end, I am am moved when he admits his
      sadness at all that was lost. Love the inclusion of not just the loss
      friendship and affection, but shared skills--yep, he is quite the
      Noldor. Don't get me wrong here--I love these guys! That is one of the
      things that is so great about Tolkien's characterizations--nobody is all
      good or all bad (well, almost nobody). I'm going to go trolling through
      your stories to see what you have written about Feanor, the great
      artificer, himself. Thanks for inspiring me to want to go back and learn
      more about the First Age. (Hope I have not mangled or misinterpreted
      what you were trying to say here!) If I have, feel free to track me down
      and let know. Am I rambling here? (Can't apologize it's
      intentional!)--great piece.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: The Unexpected Guest · Author: pippinfan88 · Genres: Humor: The
      Shire · ID: 635
      Reviewer: Dreamflower · 2006-09-04 02:35:11
      This very funny story was written for Marigold's "nekkid hobbit"
      challenge! I loved the whole situation comedy feel of this story--in
      some ways it reminded me of an episode of "I Love Lucy" in the way that
      everything got more and more complicated until there was really only one
      possible hilarious result. I really laughed out loud over this one.
      -----------------------------------
      Title: The Courtship of Peregrin Took · Author: pippinfan88 · Genres:
      Romance · ID: 275
      Reviewer: Dreamflower · 2006-09-04 02:38:11
      I remember following this story as it was originally being posted, and
      looking forward to each update. There are a lot of stories dealing with
      Pippin and Diamond and how they got together. This one comes at it from
      a slightly different angle, as Pippin starts the story off falling for
      another lass entirely. The way in which all is solved is done
      beautifully, and Pippin proves himself to be a Knight in Shining Armor
      at the end.