voting deadline

  • Mechtild
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 14, 2006
      Hi!

      I am sure that sometime this summer, the voting deadline was stated, but I
      have forgotten which note that was in or even which month of emails to look
      through. I have been thinking the MEFA's didn't end until November, saying
      so in my LJ last month. But recently I saw it mentioned that it would be
      September.

      I checked under the "Voting" Info. place, clicked open the topic on how long
      one can vote and it said until the last day of September, for the 2005
      competition. It didn't mention 2006. Is it the same? And was there ever
      any mention that the MEFA's ended in November? I can't think why I thought
      that. (But I'm pretty drifty).

      Thanks so much,

      ~ Mechtild

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2006
        > Hi!
        >
        > I am sure that sometime this summer, the voting deadline was stated, but I
        > have forgotten which note that was in or even which month of emails to look
        > through. I have been thinking the MEFA's didn't end until November, saying
        > so in my LJ last month. But recently I saw it mentioned that it would be
        > September.
        >
        > I checked under the "Voting" Info. place, clicked open the topic on how long
        > one can vote and it said until the last day of September, for the 2005
        > competition. It didn't mention 2006. Is it the same? And was there ever
        > any mention that the MEFA's ended in November? I can't think why I thought
        > that. (But I'm pretty drifty).
        >
        > Thanks so much,
        >
        > ~ Mechtild

        You can vote through November 20. Last year we got started earlier
        than we did this year, so voting ended on the last day of September.
        This year we started later, we had made the administrative season
        where volunteers categorize stories longer (to allow us to get
        confirmations from authors nominated near the end of nominating
        season), and we made nomination season itself longer at the request of
        some members and so pushed everything else back by two weeks,
        including the end of the awards.

        Thanks for catching the FAQ snafu. I had not changed it since I
        originally wrote that last winter, before we'd finalized the calendar
        for this year. I've updated it now.

        If you (or anyone) sees errors that need fixing, please let me know.
        There is so much to keep track of, sometimes I do not change
        everything that needs to be changed.