Re: Re-using Reviews

  • raksha022002
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
      <<<<--- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Marta Layton <melayton@...>
      wrote:

      > Imhiriel wrote:
      > >

      > > I don't know if this has already been discussed - in any event I
      didn't
      > > find it in my quick browsing through the archive. Can I repeat in
      my
      > > MEFA review what I said in other venues? More exactly, a) in other
      > > public reviews like at TFF or SoA and b) semi-public in
      comments/forums
      > > on HASA or c) during a review process on HASA?
      > >
      > > Imhiriel
      > >

      > Hi Imhiriel,
      >
      > We prefer original reviews, but there's nothing to say you can't
      reuse
      > reviews. Usually when people do this they adapt it because longer
      > reviews give more points.
      >
      > If you do use semi-public or private/anonymous reviews, do make
      sure
      > they're fit for public consumption. They'll be visible to everyone
      on
      > our webpage beginning in September, and I'll be posting them to
      this
      > list as well. So you'll want to make sure what you're saying is
      > appropriate to that.
      >
      > Marta>>>>

      Joy and Yummies! I thought the MEFA Rules said one couldn't re-use
      prior reviews. Not that I was planning on doing it all the time or
      completely recycling reviews, but it's great to know that I have the
      option.

      RAKSHA THE DEMON
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
        Hi Raksha,

        > Joy and Yummies! I thought the MEFA Rules said one couldn't re-use
        > prior reviews. Not that I was planning on doing it all the time or
        > completely recycling reviews, but it's great to know that I have the
        > option.
        >
        > RAKSHA THE DEMON

        Actually, the rule is that you can't use the sme review for different
        stories *within the MEFAs*. Let's say you have three stories and I want
        to review them all. I can't write one review about why I like all three
        and put it in for all three stories. (You can reuse reviews for author
        reviews, though again here we don't recommend it.) For story reviews,
        there shouldn't be any overlap from the review you write for the MEFAs
        for one story to another.

        That's probably the rule you were thinking of. You can re-use the review
        you've written in other places, just so each review you cast at the
        MEFAs is differnet from any other vote you cast.

        Is that clear? I'm not sure I'm explaining well, so I'll try again if
        I'm being confusing.