another MEFA cry for help

  • jodancingtree
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2006
      Speaking of HELP!, how does a poor absent-minded author give thankful
      permission for being nominated? I was notified several days ago that I
      need to reply (somehow RL got in the way of my hearing about the
      nomination earlier) - and I've been trying to respond ever since - but
      sadly, my poor story still says "Author has not responded".

      Please, somebody, tell me how to fix this? I'd really be sad if my
      poor story got bumped because I never figured out how to do this!

      bewildered and befuddled,

      jo
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2006
        jodancingtree wrote:

        > Speaking of HELP!, how does a poor absent-minded author give thankful
        > permission for being nominated? I was notified several days ago that I
        > need to reply (somehow RL got in the way of my hearing about the
        > nomination earlier) - and I've been trying to respond ever since - but
        > sadly, my poor story still says "Author has not responded".
        >
        > Please, somebody, tell me how to fix this? I'd really be sad if my
        > poor story got bumped because I never figured out how to do this!
        >
        > bewildered and befuddled,
        >
        > jo

        Hi Jo,

        Sorry this is so confusing! Normally the volunteer assigned to you
        should have contacted with you, and I'm sure she's tried. Lots of people
        have had trouble with emails getting caught by spam filters.

        In the interest of time I'll take care of your story for you. Look for
        an email from me shortly. It'll be coming from melayton(at)gmail(dot)com.

        If you *haven't* heard in the next day or so shoot me a line.

        Marta
      • Jo Dancingtree
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
          Thank you, Marta! Thank you, thank you... it was such a much-needed shot in the arm right now, to hear that my story was nominated, and would've been such a bummer if it had been pitched because of my own stupid confusion.

          Hugs and tons of thanks,

          jo

          Marta Layton <melayton@...> wrote: jodancingtree wrote:

          > Speaking of HELP!, how does a poor absent-minded author give thankful
          > permission for being nominated? I was notified several days ago that I
          > need to reply (somehow RL got in the way of my hearing about the
          > nomination earlier) - and I've been trying to respond ever since - but
          > sadly, my poor story still says "Author has not responded".
          >
          > Please, somebody, tell me how to fix this? I'd really be sad if my
          > poor story got bumped because I never figured out how to do this!
          >
          > bewildered and befuddled,
          >
          > jo

          Hi Jo,

          Sorry this is so confusing! Normally the volunteer assigned to you
          should have contacted with you, and I'm sure she's tried. Lots of people
          have had trouble with emails getting caught by spam filters.

          In the interest of time I'll take care of your story for you. Look for
          an email from me shortly. It'll be coming from melayton(at)gmail(dot)com.

          If you *haven't* heard in the next day or so shoot me a line.

          Marta

          He who limps is still walking.
          -Stanislaw Lec