Important Changes to How This Group Is Used

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2006

      In the past this Yahoo group has been used for many purposes. All of
      these need to be handled somewhere, but having them all take place
      in one group has resulted in more emails than many people can keep up
      with.

      To address this problem, I have decided to split the functions
      this single group has served up until now among two groups. This
      group, MEFAwards will be used for official announcements about the
      Middle-earth Fanfiction Awards, as well as provide a place for voters,
      nominators, and authors to ask questions about how to do things at the
      group website. The awards administrators will also post nominations
      and votes to this list when they become available. Policy discussion
      will be moved to a separate group, mefa-discussion. Anyone who wants
      to help us consider possible changes to how the awards are run is very
      welcome to join that group.

      Part of the reason for this split is to make it easier for the awards
      administrators to communicate with everyone involved. If we can be
      sure all MEFA story nominators and voters are reading this list, we
      can communicate any official announcement by making a post as a
      special announcement here. Members are still welcome to read posts at
      this group's website (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MEFAwards/) , but
      all members must have their email options set to at least "special
      notices". This way we will know that every member of this group will
      receive any announcements the awards moderators need to make.

      To this end, I have changed all of those members who were previously
      not receiving any email from this group ("no mail") to "special
      notice" status. If this affects you, you may now do one of several things:

      1. Change your status to "individual mail". Under this setting, Yahoo
      will send you each post made to the group in a separate email.
      2. Change your status to "digest". Under this setting, Yahoo will
      collect multiple posts into one email, usually once a day.
      3. Keep your status at "special notice". You will receive special
      notices - which can only be sent by the MEFA administrators - in your
      inbox but will need to visit the website to read all other posts.
      4. Unsubscribe from the group. Doing so will mean that you will not be
      able to vote or nominate in 2006. You will be welcome to rejoin the
      group at any time.

      I will try to limit the number of special notices I send out to no
      more than one a week, and expect I won't even be sending out that
      much. I hope this change will help keep all of our members better
      informed, and provide an easy place to seek help should anything about
      these awards confuse you.

      If you have any questions, please feel free to respond to this message
      or email the administrators at mefasupport at gmail dot com

      Cheers, Marta
      (MEFAwards moderator)