Re: [MEFAwards] Question concerning Dwim's list (Re: Tying Up Loose Ends--categorization form repost w/minor revision)

  • rabidsamfan
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2005
      There are a lot of stories that draw on the visual elements of the film
      without it changing the plotline of the books particularly -- all those
      relentlessly blue eyed Frodos owe a debt to PJ anyway, even if they're
      meeting the Barrow Wight. But maybe it's just me: I feel like I've
      seen more than one story which tries to reconcile the book and the
      movieverses. Perhaps we could offer writers who really feel that they've
      drawn equally on both sources the option of putting their stories in with
      the crossovers? Either that or by caveat declare that if a story uses any
      *plot* element of the films (rather than any *visual* element), it should be
      with the movieverse stories.