Re: Thank you, Sulriel

  • sulriel
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2005
      --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Ainaechoiriel" <mefaadmin@e...>
      wrote:> Thank you so much for taking over for me while I was busy
      dealing with > family business and grieving for my brother-in-law and
      my sister in losing > him. I'm still quite busy and getting down
      about gas prices which means I

      Thank you Aina, I'm glad I was able to help out. I think most things
      are settled right now, for the most part.

      We had a question about the banner contest that I wasn't able to
      answer - and I'm ashamed to say, I've lost the email. -

      I think the excessive quotes are under control, that was the main
      issue that came up and I handled it as best as I could - it needs to
      be on the list for p-m discussion. I've been browsing back though and
      found a few more that I'll be correcting in the next day or so, and
      I'm watching the new ones now as they come in.

      otherwise, I think we are in pretty good shape. I'll continue with
      the new member and password stuff if you want everything else back. I
      never figured out how you were posting the reviews with the links in
      them.

      Glad to have you back.

      Sulriel
    • ainaechoiriel
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2005
        > Thank you Aina, I'm glad I was able to help out. I think most things
        > are settled right now, for the most part.

        At this point, I don't know what I'd do without you! The funeral is
        over and my schedule is back to normal. But this whole boyfriend
        thing... I'm getting a promise ring from him soon. We had to buy one
        online because Walmart and Target seem to think everyone has size 7
        fingers. So, why haven't I done any MEFA things after work today?
        Because I was with him. We're thinking that if we do get engaged (and
        it certainly seems like we will) we may get married in the spring. Or
        in September. Wouldn't that be a problem with Voting Season next
        year? ;-)

        > We had a question about the banner contest that I wasn't able to
        > answer - and I'm ashamed to say, I've lost the email. -

        I'll look through and see if I can't find it.

        > I think the excessive quotes are under control, that was the main
        > issue that came up and I handled it as best as I could - it needs to
        > be on the list for p-m discussion. I've been browsing back though and
        > found a few more that I'll be correcting in the next day or so, and
        > I'm watching the new ones now as they come in.

        Okay, thanks.

        > otherwise, I think we are in pretty good shape. I'll continue with
        > the new member and password stuff if you want everything else back. I
        > never figured out how you were posting the reviews with the links in
        > them.

        I'll try to get back to posting them. How about I do it tomorrow
        (Saturday) and see if that gets me back on track.

        And I want to make a post about banners. I need to do some counts and
        see what we need. We need quite a bit more. I've got a lot of
        pictures for them. 1000 or so actually. I've sifted through 500 of
        them to choose and formatted them to the right size for the banners.
        But they still need titles and such. Don't know if I'll make it.

        --Ainae
        staying up a bit later today to try and get back into the swing of
        things at least a little.
      • sulriel
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2005
          --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "ainaechoiriel" <mefaadmin@e...>
          wrote:> Because I was with him. We're thinking that if we do get
          engaged (and > it certainly seems like we will) we may get married in
          the spring. Or > in September. Wouldn't that be a problem with Voting
          Season next > year? ;-)>

          Wonderful news!!

          (and I'm certain it could be scheduled around the MEFAs!! <G>)

          Sulriel
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2005
            On 3 Sep 2005, at 11:28, sulriel wrote:

            > --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "ainaechoiriel" <mefaadmin@e...>
            > wrote:> Because I was with him.  We're thinking that if we do get
            > engaged (and > it certainly seems like we will) we may get married in
            > the spring. Or > in September.  Wouldn't that be a problem with Voting
            > Season next > year? ;-)>
            >

            > Wonderful news!!
            >
            > (and I'm certain it could be scheduled around the MEFAs!! <G>)
            >
            > Sulriel

            I'm reminded of the words of J R R Tolkien in his foreword to my copy
            of FOTR:

            "Those who had asked for more information about hobbits eventually got
            it, but they had to wait a long time; for the composition of _The Lord
            of the Rings_ went on at intervals during the years 1936 to 1949, a
            period in which I had many duties that I did not neglect, and many
            other interests as a learner and teacher that often absorbed me."

            The MEFAs can be planned around your needs. If we know the date far
            enough in advance, we can schedule things so voting season (or at least
            the end of it) doesn't fall right before your wedding or on your
            honeymoon, when you will have far more important things to spend your
            time on. This is a hobby, after all. No one wants it to interfere with
            your ability to enjoy your wedding(!), really. If you can't commit the
            necessary time we'll deal with that.

            If your wedding falls at a crucial point in the awards, we just need to
            have plenty of people ready to help and with the necessary access or
            authority to do what needs doing. The key thing is knowing what our
            needs are going to be and when people are needed, so we know how to
            allocate responsibilities. If we know about something like this in
            advance, I'm sure we can handle it.

            Not that your wedding is something to be "handled". Congratulations!
            But I think you know what I mean.

          • rhapsody_the_bard
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2005
              --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Marta Layton <melayton@g...> wrote:

              > On 3 Sep 2005, at 11:28, sulriel wrote:
              >
              >> --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "ainaechoiriel" <mefaadmin@e...>
              >> wrote:> Because I was with him. We're thinking that if we do get
              >> engaged (and it certainly seems like we will) we may get
              >> married in the spring. Or in September. Wouldn't that be a
              >> problem with Voting Season next > year? ;-)>

              Wow I missed this! Congrats Ainea! August is a great month as well.

              > Not that your wedding is something to be "handled". Congratulations!
              > But I think you know what I mean.

              *chuckle* Marriage, as I know from experience, is something that is
              incredibly hard to handle, even if the love remains so strong after so
              many years (emotions, hormones and such ;) ), so I won't even go there ;)

              Rhapsody
              (is on a reviewing-spree)
            • ainaechoiriel
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3, 2005
                Thank you, Sulriel, Marta and Rhapsody!

                I've been single for quite a long time wondering when I'd find my
                husband. My pastor told me years ago to write down a list of
                qualities I'd want. Rob fits all but one of them, really. And he
                loves me. I'm still waiting to make sure my heart is on the same page
                as every clue in my head. We were at an adoption information meeting
                on Thursday and it just brought us that much closer to a time of
                engagement. We've spent the evening looking at wedding rings on the
                internet. Incidentally, men's wedding rings are harder to find.
                Though cheaper mostly. We're looking to incorporate sapphire(s) with
                the diamonds. His birthstone is sapphire, mine diamond, and blue will
                be one of the colors of our ceremony (Yep, already planning some
                wedding details even though we're not 100% on the engagement plan
                yet.). We thought of it when we went looking for a promise ring.
                Here's a picture of that one, if you're interested.

                http://i20.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/d2/05/60_1.JPG

                And about the MEFA schedule (to keep this even a little on-topic), we
                were looking at September but that adoption meeting made us thing
                Spring might be better. We have to be married a year before we can
                even apply (at least with that agency). Our children may be waiting
                for us already...

                Actually, they probably are as I plan on adopting "older" children.

                Anyway, back to the schedule, February was the month we met so we're
                considering February which wouldn't be in the way of the MEFA's at
                all. September though....right at the end of 'em! I had thought of
                April (because we don't want it to be too cold or too hot) and that
                would be the start of them, but I think with the new site, someone
                else could manage that while I'm away. Thanks to Anthony!

                --Ainaechoiriel

                --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "rhapsody_the_bard"