Site time outs?

  • dwimmer_laik
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2005
      I've been getting site time outs since this afternoon. Is anyone else
      having trouble accessing the MEFA site?

      Dwim
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 13, 2005
        Unfortunately, I haven't been using it enough to know. Let me just take
        this opportunity to give an apology to all the authors who are members of
        this group. Last year, I gave over 300 reviews. Today, I'm sitting at
        something like 30. None of them Author reviews. I have over 500 stories
        I'd like to read but may or may not get to this year. Especially the longer
        ones. And I love long stories. Sigh. It's just that I'm a much busier
        person this year. Taking care of a house by myself, having a boyfriend,
        getting in trouble at work (Yes, it finally happened. Gotta do less and
        less obvious personal stuff at work. Which, ironically, might get me
        reading more.)

        So, sorry to all the authors of all the stories I won't get to this year.
        And thanks to all the veteran members who have been unconsciously taking up
        my slack, and all the new members who will help ensure that most, of not
        all, of the nominated stories get read.

        --Ainaechoiriel
        MEFA Admin and Founder

        http://gabrielle.sytes.net/mefa The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards

        Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com

      • chathollinn@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2005
          Hi, Ainaechoiriel. No need to 'pologize. If it wasn't for your efforts MEFA wouldn't be there anyway. Regards - Chathol-linn

          Unfortunately, I haven't been using it enough to know. Let me just take
          this opportunity to give an apology to all the authors who are members of
          this group. Last year, I gave over 300 reviews. Today, I'm sitting at
          something like 30. None of them Author reviews. I have over 500 stories
          I'd like to read but may or may not get to this year. Especially the longer
          ones. And I love long stories. Sigh. It's just that I'm a much busier
          person this year. Taking care of a house by myself, having a boyfriend,
          getting in trouble at work (Yes, it finally happened. Gotta do less and
          less obvious personal stuff at work. Which, ironically, might get me
          reading more.)

          So, sorry to all the authors of all the stories I won't get to this year.
          And thanks to all the veteran members who have been unconsciously taking up
          my slack, and all the new members who will help ensure that most, of not
          all, of the nominated stories get read.

          --Ainaechoiriel
          MEFA Admin and Founder

          http://gabrielle.sytes.net/mefa The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards

          Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com

          Writing child book Writing a book Creative writing book

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          Visit your group "MEFAwards" on the web.