Re: [MEFAwards] Story not found!- Mariposa

  • MarigoldCotton@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005
      In an email dated 21/7/2005 3:12:35 am GMT Daylight time, "dwimmer_laik" <dwimmer_laik@...> writes:

      > 890 A Pint of Trouble  (Story details)
      >Not Found
      >The requested URL /pintgate.html was not found on this server.

      Hi,

      It looks like Mariposa's own website is down. I haven't been able to reach her yet though to let her know, or find out what is up. Here is an alternate URL at SoA:

      "A Pint of Trouble" http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=2621

      I noticed that in her list of nominated stories that there is one more with a link to her website, #781 "Beginnings that feel like endings, And the other way 'round". I haven't been able to find a link to this story anywhere else. It is quite long, and her website was desifned to host it, and I don't think she has posted it elsewhere.

      All of her other nominations are on sites other than the affected one.

      Marigold

      --
      Marigold's Red Book
      http://marigold.tolkienshire.com

      Marigold's Recommendations Page
      http://www.geocities.com/marigoldsrecommendations/

      Marigold's Live Journal
      http://www.livejournal.com/users/marigoldg/

      Tales of The Red Book
      http://www.livejournal.com/users/talesofredbook/

      There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005
        Thanks. I've changed the URL on A Pint of Trouble. If anyone finds another
        URL for the other story, let us know, otherwise, we'll just hope her site
        will come back up.

        --Ainaechoiriel
        MEFA Admin and Founder

        http://gabrielle.sytes.net/mefa The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards

        Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com

      • MarigoldCotton@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005
          Hi Ya,

          I heard from Mariposa earlier and she was going to send in the links but apparantly she hasn't been able to yet. Here they are:

          "For A Pint of Trouble, try this one:

          http://www.maripo5a.net/pintgate.htm

          And for Beginnings, try this one:

          http://www.maripo5a.net/btflegate.htm"