Story not found!- Mariposa

  • dwimmer_laik
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 20, 2005
      890 A Pint of Trouble (Story details)
      (Story: Short Story) Rating: PG
      Award Category:Books/Time: The Lord of The Rings: The Shire
      Story Summary: Frodo and Merry decide to visit the inn... but they
      have to take little Pippin with them, and that's the beginning of the
      disaster.
      Mariposa

      Gives me a 404 error.

      Not Found
      The requested URL /pintgate.html was not found on this server.

      Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
      use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
      Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.maripo5a.net Port 80
    • MarigoldCotton@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005
        In an email dated 21/7/2005 3:12:35 am GMT Daylight time, "dwimmer_laik" <dwimmer_laik@...> writes:

        > 890 A Pint of Trouble  (Story details)
        >Not Found
        >The requested URL /pintgate.html was not found on this server.

        Hi,

        It looks like Mariposa's own website is down. I haven't been able to reach her yet though to let her know, or find out what is up. Here is an alternate URL at SoA:

        "A Pint of Trouble" http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=2621

        I noticed that in her list of nominated stories that there is one more with a link to her website, #781 "Beginnings that feel like endings, And the other way 'round". I haven't been able to find a link to this story anywhere else. It is quite long, and her website was desifned to host it, and I don't think she has posted it elsewhere.

        All of her other nominations are on sites other than the affected one.

        Marigold

        --
        Marigold's Red Book
        http://marigold.tolkienshire.com

        Marigold's Recommendations Page
        http://www.geocities.com/marigoldsrecommendations/

        Marigold's Live Journal
        http://www.livejournal.com/users/marigoldg/

        Tales of The Red Book
        http://www.livejournal.com/users/talesofredbook/

        There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005
          Thanks. I've changed the URL on A Pint of Trouble. If anyone finds another
          URL for the other story, let us know, otherwise, we'll just hope her site
          will come back up.

          --Ainaechoiriel
          MEFA Admin and Founder

          http://gabrielle.sytes.net/mefa The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards

          Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com

        • MarigoldCotton@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 21, 2005
            Hi Ya,

            I heard from Mariposa earlier and she was going to send in the links but apparantly she hasn't been able to yet. Here they are:

            "For A Pint of Trouble, try this one:

            http://www.maripo5a.net/pintgate.htm

            And for Beginnings, try this one:

            http://www.maripo5a.net/btflegate.htm"