I made a mistake; how do I fix it?

  • dwimmer_laik
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
      Hi Ainae,

      If I've made a mistake (like, say, forgetting to change the drop-down
      from "Drabble" to "Story"), and I've already submitted the nomination,
      how do I go about fixing that. Lyllyn's "Offerings" should be a story,
      not a drabble.

      Thanks,

      Dwim
    • Laura
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
        Er, I've done the same thing. Jocelyn's "Elven Song" should be a novel
        rather than a drabble.

        I think I might know how we messed up, too. If you have to enter a
        completely new author, after you go through that process and end up
        back at the place where you enter all the info for the story you're
        submitting, it resets whatever you had for story type and story
        length. Which is not a big problem, it just means you have to remember
        to go back and set it to novel or novella or whatever it was supposed
        to be before you entered a new author.

        Anyway, the nomination for Jocelyn's "Elven Song" is wrong as far as
        length and type are concerned. How do I fix this?

        Sheepishly,
        Thundera Tiger

        --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "dwimmer_laik" <dwimmer_laik@y...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Ainae,
        >
        > If I've made a mistake (like, say, forgetting to change the drop-down
        > from "Drabble" to "Story"), and I've already submitted the
        nomination,
        > how do I go about fixing that. Lyllyn's "Offerings" should be a
        story,
        > not a drabble.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Dwim
      • dwimmer_laik
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
          --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Laura" <thunderalaura@j...> wrote:

          > Er, I've done the same thing. Jocelyn's "Elven Song" should be a novel
          > rather than a drabble.

          And there are two entries where somehow, I didn't set the author's
          drop-down correctly and ended up with the first name on the list. So
          most definitely, I need to change those two...

          Dwim
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
            I can fix it as an Administrator.

            Also, I forgot to add, don't just check this year's nominees. Check the
            website or YahooGroup (Databases) to see if the story was nominated last
            year. Those stories (except those that were WiPs but are now complete)
            can't be nominated again.

            --Ainaechoiriel

            MEFA Admin and Founder

            http://gabrielle.sytes.net/mefa The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards

            Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
              Fixed this one, too, and I'll update the instructions today. Thanks.

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2005
                I don't see the duplicate stories. Tell me which one needs deleted by title
                and author and I'll do it.