MEFA2005 website

  • Anthony Holder
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2005
      Hey all,

      Ainaechoiriel's instructions are mostly complete, but I have a few to
      add, and can't put
      them on her website (yet!).

      1) You shouldn't see the 'Complete' box at the bottom of the new
      story form. Only author
      Liaisons can see this box, and they'll have to check it for you, even
      if you're the author.
      Ainae saw the box, because she's a Liaison.

      2) If you're nominating a non-member's story, then you'll have to add
      the user, following
      the link on the nomination page. Please check the author list
      carefully. I just noticed that
      _chibimelody_ is sorting at the end of the author list, for example.
      (You can change that, if
      you want, _chibimelody_, by editing your 'name'. We can change it
      back later.) I should
      make a browse members page, to make it easier to check that list, but
      there isn't one right
      now.

      3) If your name is not the one you've posted stories as, you should
      change it, so people
      can find it. If you've posted stories under two names, just create an
      author with the second
      name, and let Ainae know. The second name can be an author, but won't
      be activated for
      voting. (Only one person per email account, so you'll need two, or
      put in a fake one and
      send us an email.)

      4) The site lists all nominated stories (Browse Stories), so check it
      before nominating a new
      one.

      5) You don't have to wait to start entering reviews. Any reviews
      entered for a story will
      follow that story throughout the nomination process, and will go with
      it when it assigned
      to a category. Nobody (except the admins) can read your reviews,
      until both A) you mark
      them as 'Final' and B) Voting season starts.

      6) If you find anything not working correctly, please send me an
      email (anthony _AT_
      alumni _DOT_ rice _DOT_ edu). I've tried to get it all working
      correctly, and I believe that it
      does, but it is impossible to test everything, and you will
      undoubtedly try all possible
      combinations before we're done.

      I'll try to smooth out the rough edges over time.

      BTW, 44 stories by 25 authors as of this posting!

      Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2005
        Thanks, Anthony. I'll get those changes to the instructions up today. And
        like the site, my instructions will get better over time as I do different
        things on the site.

        --Ainaechoiriel

        MEFA Admin and Founder

        http://gabrielle.sytes.net/mefa The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards