Re: [MEFAwards] Re: Adjust character counts/point values?

  • Naresha
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2005
      Hmmm... I do think that this conversion chart is definately fairer - although I'm sure the ASC had good reasons for doing it that way. But Marta does raise a good point - why not just do a literal thing? One character equals one point. Might help in breaking some of those ties!

      Resha

      Marta <MartaL0712@...> wrote:

      --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, angelabrooks@y... wrote:
      <snip>
      > So here's a suggested conversion chart:
      >
      > Characters Points
      > 1-100 1
      > 101-200 2
      > 201-300 3
      > 301-400 4
      > 401-500 5
      > 501-650 6
      > 651-800 7
      > 801-950 8
      > 951-1100 9
      > 1101+ 10

      This seeems a much more equitable point distribution. Question,
      though: why use points at all? Why not just use straight character
      counts. One character = one point, up to some maximum. So if I write
      a 351-character comment it's five points under the old point, four
      under the new -- why not award the story 351 points and be done with
      it?

      Marta

      ~To forgive calls upon our love, to forget calls upon our strength~

      AIM: Naresha21 MSN: candyman_gypsy@...
      ICQ: 142117881 Yahoo: fruitcake5m1
      Personal LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/nareshaninya/
      Writing LJ: http://www.livejournal.com/users/writingsofresha/