New Member, Hi All!!

  • Stella
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2004
      Hi to everyone,
      Thank you for appoving my request to join. This is a very cool idea,
      as there are not enough awards in the Tolkien fandom world, and those
      that exist seem to have the same winners year after year (but we
      won't go there).

      A little about me, as boring as it might be. I've been reading and
      writing for years uncounted. As much of it as I can for pleasure,
      but a whole heap of it has been in my chosen vocation. I fell under
      the spell of Lord of the Rings twenty years ago but never dared to
      write in that world until about four years ago.

      I post mainly at ff.net and Stories of Arda, but I have original work
      at fictionpress.com. While I'm rather "internet challenged" I would
      be happy to help in any way possible.

      Stella (aka lasse-Lanta)
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2004

        Thank you, and welcome!

        > A little about me, as boring as it might be. I've been
        > reading and writing for years uncounted. As much of it as I
        > can for pleasure, but a whole heap of it has been in my
        > chosen vocation. I fell under the spell of Lord of the Rings
        > twenty years ago but never dared to write in that world until
        > about four years ago.

        Glad you decided to dip your feet in the water. I admit I was very
        intimidated at the thought of trying to write Tolkienesque. I was
        established in the DS9 fandom, but a complete novice at Tolkien and LOTR.
        But I dipped my feet in finally and found that the water's were indeed fine!

        > I post mainly at ff.net and Stories of Arda, but I have
        > original work at fictionpress.com. While I'm rather
        > "internet challenged" I would be happy to help in any way possible.

        We're glad to have you! Can you e-mail authors of nominated stories to ask
        their approval to be included in the Awards? And, of course, we can use
        more vote counters. If we get enough, we can subdivide, so that the same
        three or four aren't having to do all the categories.

        http://www.stormpages.com/gabrielle/lotr Land of Myth and Memory
        Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com