AW: [MEFAwards] Post-Mortem: Author Comments

  • elanor of aquitania
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      > I'm still quite against an overall.

      <snip>

      > Someone may be an
      > excellent Hobbit
      > writer and then find that they're not so good at writing
      > Elves. Being good
      > at one does not automatically make you good at the other.
      >
      > Likewise, I might say that the bets Numenor stories I've ever
      > read were from
      > Zimraphel. I may love all her stories, but maybe I don't
      > think she wrote
      > the best Elves story I ever read. Or the best humor. But I
      > wouldn't want
      > her to miss being recognized for Numenor.
      >
      > I'm presently sticking with my compromise of allowing copied
      > comments for
      > authors.
      >
      > Do continue to discuss. I'm not-unpersuadable. Just stubborn.

      I fully agree with Ainaechoiriel,
      nobody is good in all categories,
      and I had no problem to write author comments
      within the various categories.
      Though I had some problems to vary my words
      with respect to the story vote ;-)
      Yet taking the hint "vote on how the author succeeds
      with respect to the allotted category" helped quite a bit.

      But copied comments will definitely lighten the voter's load ;-)

      Best wishes Elanor