Rohan Ballot

  • ellbee_g
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2004
      Rohan
      Official Voting Ballot

      Rh1: Bitter Watches of the Night by Sharpeslass
      Very creepy. You did a good job handling the sex so that it wasn't
      at all sexy. Your Grima doesn't have many illusions about himself,
      does he? I found the curse he flung at her at the end particularly
      notable.

      Rh2: Complicated Allies by Sun Queen
      We as readers are so used to the idea of elves and dwarves that it's
      interesting to view them through the eyes of one who doesn't know or
      understand them. Very nice imagery.

      Rh4: For the Dark by Forodwaith
      You draw a sad but not sentimental picture of a man who can no
      longer ride in a rider's world. Your character is so matter-of-fact
      about everything, that I found I couldn't pity him, even at the end.
      A very refreshing change in an angst-filled fandom.

      Rh5: Gastings Night by Dwimordene
      This gave me a shiver. Very imaginative and atmospheric.

      Rh8: Myth and Memory by Ainaechoiriel
      Interesting to see Legolas from the point of view of someone who had
      never seen an elf before, and had no idea what to expect. I love the
      voice you've given your young door warden, and the contemplative
      mood of it all.

      Rh10: Promises to Keep by Nessime
      Oooh, very cool and original take on this scene. Excellent job.