Re: Story Nominations

  • ainaechoiriel
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30 11:50 PM
      --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Ainaechoiriel" <mefaadmin@e...>
      wrote:

      This one is the real thing. I had it set to send at 12:01, while I
      had the Nomination Season is Open! e-mail just sitting open. I was
      going to send it at 12am. But I ended up talking to my housemate
      until 12:30 and just remembered. Thus, the Season did start at
      midnight.

      > Story Nomination Form
      >
      > *Nominator's name: Ainaechoiriel
      >
      > *Story Title: The Hamster
      >
      > *Story Author: Dwimordene
      >
      > *Author's E-mail Address: dwimmer_laik@y...
      >
      > *Story URL:
      > http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter_view.cfm?
      STID=2423&SPOrdinal=1

      > *Category Choices (see Categories File or FAQ for choices)

      > *1st: Humor
      > 2nd: Men
      > 3rd: The Lord of the Rings
      > Subcategory (suggest something): Poetry
      >
      > *Rating: G(?)
      >
      > Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): N/A
      >
      > *Romance Parners (for Romances Only): N/A
      >
      > *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote): Poe
      pastiche
      > silliness.
      > Obsession and the care and dealing with hamsters collide-welcome to
      > Denethor's world.

      > Story Nomination Form
      >
      > *Nominator's name: Ainaechoiriel
      >
      > *Story Title: Roots
      >
      > *Story Author: Dwimordene
      >
      > *Author's E-mail Address: dwimmer_laik@y...
      >
      > *Story URL: http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?STID=26
      >
      > *Category Choices (see Categories File or FAQ for choices)

      > *1st: Elves
      > 2nd: Adventure
      > 3rd: Horror
      > Subcategory (suggest something): Pre-WoTR, friendship, gap-filler
      >
      > *Rating: R
      >
      > Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): violence
      >
      > *Romance Parners (for Romances Only): N/A
      >
      > *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote):
      > So when did Legolas meet Aragorn anyhow, and under what
      circumstances? Goes
      > from light to heavy and back again. Gap-filler set between Gollum's
      arrival
      > in Mirkwood and his interrogation; violent in places, plenty of
      fake elven
      > metaphysics, traces the beginnings of the friendship between
      Aragorn and
      > Legolas. Original characters, Gandalf, Gollum, and Thranduil also
      figure in
      > this fic.

      > Story Nomination Form
      >
      > *Nominator's name: Ainaechoiriel
      >
      > *Story Title: Father and Sons
      >
      > *Story Author: Dwimordene
      >
      > *Author's E-mail Address: dwimmer_laik@y...
      >
      > *Story URL:
      > http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter_view.cfm?
      STID=6&SPOrdinal=1

      > *Category Choices (see Categories File or FAQ for choices)

      > *1st: Drama
      > 2nd: Men
      > 3rd: Lord of the Rings
      > Subcategory (suggest something): gap-filler, Denethor and sons,
      Gondor

      > *Rating: PG
      >
      > Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): N/A
      >
      > *Romance Parners (for Romances Only): N/A
      >
      > *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote):
      >
      > Insight into LOTR's most famous dysfunctional family that covers a
      span of
      > years, from Faramir's adolescence through Sam and Frodo's journey
      through
      > Ithilien. The personal is political when you're the Steward and his
      family.
      > Starring: Boromir, Faramir, Denethor, and (to a lesser extent)
      Imrahil.

      > Story Nomination Form
      >
      > *Nominator's name: Ainaechoiriel
      >
      > *Story Title: Waiting, Wondering, Wandering, Wishing
      >
      > *Story Author: Gonzai
      >
      > *Author's E-mail Address: LCSTrish@a...
      >
      > *Story URL:
      > http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter_view.cfm?
      STID=308&SPOrdinal=1

      > *Category Choices (see Categories File or FAQ for choices)

      > *1st: Lord of the Rings
      > 2nd: Drama
      > 3rd: Hobbits
      > Subcategory (suggest something): missing scenes, friendship
      >
      > *Rating: PG
      >
      > Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): N/A
      >
      > *Romance Parners (for Romances Only): N/A
      >
      > *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote):
      > A series of four missing scenes from Return of the King. Waiting -
      Faramir
      > and Merry await news of distant friends. Wondering - Pippin
      contemplates
      > being crushed under a troll while Gimli & Legolas search the
      Pelennor Fields
      > for survivors Wandering - Merry searches the camps for Pippin,
      while Aragorn
      > searches for Merry Wishing - Merry waits for the three injured
      hobbits to
      > recover. Much angst.
      >

      > Story Nomination Form
      >
      > *Nominator's name: Ainaechoiriel
      >
      > *Story Title: Closing the Book
      >
      > *Story Author: Gonzai
      >
      > *Author's E-mail Address: LCSTrish@a...
      >
      > *Story URL:
      > http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter_view.cfm?
      STID=309&SPOrdinal=1

      > *Category Choices (see Categories File or FAQ for choices)

      > *1st: Drama
      > 2nd: Hobbits
      > 3rd: Lord of the Rings
      > Subcategory (suggest something): Friendship, Good-byes
      >
      > *Rating: PG
      >
      > Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): N/A
      >
      > *Romance Parners (for Romances Only): N/A
      >
      > *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote):
      > After Sam departs for the Grey Havens, Merry and Pippin set out on
      their
      > final journey to Edoras and Gondor. Based on the timeline in
      Appendix B.
      > Angst and sadness.

      > --Ainaechoiriel
      >
      > "This evil cannot be concealed by the power of the Elves," Elrond
      said, "for
      > it is Windows-compatible, and freeware at that." --H.F.
      >
      > http://www.stormpages.com/gabrielle/lotr Land of Myth and Memory
      > Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com
    • Jo Dancingtree
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2004
        I was just looking through the nominations & decided to read "Waiting, Wondering, Wandering, Wishing" - but when I clicked th link, it brought up a whole page of stories on HASA (first page out of 1000+ stories!). I guess I could do a search for the title, but I'm guessing that the link is intended to take readers directly to the story nominated?

        Just wanted to let you know - how exciting to have the nominations open!

        jo

        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2004

          I'll check it out. I think we can go back to the nominator for such
          things. Yes, the reader needs to know where to find the story to read it.

          > Just wanted to let you know - how exciting to have the
          > nominations open!

          Thanks.

          --Ainaechoiriel
          Who is going to have a lot of little To Do flags in her e-mail today. :-)

          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2004

            I think there may be something wrong with HASA today. Only the main page
            will come up on one of my computers, and nothing on the other. I can't look
            up an author or a genre or anything.

            It may not be my link. I'll check later.

            http://www.stormpages.com/gabrielle/lotr Land of Myth and Memory
            Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com
          • sulriel
            Message 5 of 13 , May 1, 2004
              I think HASA is down. I haven't been able to get in in several hours.

              as for links, I tried to follow a saved link (not here, from
              somewhere else) and got the list of all stories rather than the title
              page. I guessing that it has something to do with the upgrade and
              that the saved links need to be checked and updated.

              Congrats! on the 16.5lbs! Love that pic!!

              --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Ainaechoiriel" <mefaadmin@e...>
              > > I was just looking through the nominations & decided to read
              > > "Waiting, Wondering, Wandering, Wishing" - but when I clicked
              > > th link, it brought up a whole page of stories on HASA (first
              > > page out of 1000+ stories!). I guess I could do a search for
              > > the title, but I'm guessing that the link is intended to take
              > > readers directly to the story nominated?
              > >

              > I think there may be something wrong with HASA today. Only the
              main page
              > will come up on one of my computers, and nothing on the other. I
              can't look
              > up an author or a genre or anything.
              >
              > It may not be my link. I'll check later.
              >
              > --Ainaechoiriel
              >
              > "This evil cannot be concealed by the power of the Elves," Elrond
              said, "for
              > it is Windows-compatible, and freeware at that." --H.F.
              >
              > http://www.stormpages.com/gabrielle/lotr Land of Myth and Memory
              > Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com
            • dwimmer_laik
              Message 6 of 13 , May 1, 2004
                --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "sulriel" <Sulriel@h...> wrote:

                > I think HASA is down. I haven't been able to get in in several hours.
                > > It may not be my link. I'll check later.

                Just talked with Ang. She's on it.

                Dwim
              • sulriel
                Message 7 of 13 , May 1, 2004
                  --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "dwimmer_laik" <dwimmer_laik@y...>
                  wrote:> --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "sulriel" <Sulriel@h...>
                  wrote:

                  > > I think HASA is down. I haven't been able to get in in several
                  hours.> > > It may not be my link. I'll check later.>
                  > Just talked with Ang. She's on it.
                  >
                  > Dwim

                  I guessed that she was on it pretty quickly, but it is good to hear.
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 1, 2004
                    HASA seems to be back up now. And here is the link to Gonzai's story:

                    http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter.cfm?STID=308

                    http://www.stormpages.com/gabrielle/lotr Land of Myth and Memory
                    > I think HASA is down. I haven't been able to get in in several hours.
                    >
                    > as for links, I tried to follow a saved link (not here, from
                    > somewhere else) and got the list of all stories rather than the title
                    > page. I guessing that it has something to do with the upgrade and
                    > that the saved links need to be checked and updated.
                    >
                    > Congrats! on the 16.5lbs! Love that pic!!
                    >

                    > --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Ainaechoiriel" <mefaadmin@e...>

                  • arielphf
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 11, 2004
                      Just a few more of my own that I thought might be nice to get in.
                      Hope there's a little bit of room left?

                      Story Nomination Form

                      *Nominator's name: Ariel

                      *Story Title: Heed No Nightly Noises

                      *Story Author: Ariel

                      *Author's E-mail Address: lgreenaw@...

                      *Story URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1523274

                      *Category Choices (see below)
                      *1st: Romance
                      2nd: Hobbits
                      3rd: The Lord of the Rings
                      Subcategory (Mandatory for WIP, Drabble, and Poetry. Otherwise,
                      suggest something):

                      *Rating: R

                      Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): Sexual situations

                      *Romance Partners: F/G

                      *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote): Not all of
                      the dremes Frodo had in the house of Tom Bombadil were recorded in
                      the Red Book.

                      Story Nomination Form

                      *Nominator's name: Ariel

                      *Story Title: Fear

                      *Story Author: Ariel

                      *Author's E-mail Address: lgreenaw@...

                      *Story URL: http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1215350

                      *Category Choices (see below)
                      *1st: Drama
                      2nd: Hobbits
                      3rd:
                      Subcategory (Mandatory for WIP, Drabble, and Poetry. Otherwise,
                      suggest something): WIP

                      *Rating: PG13

                      Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): Some violence, some
                      uncomfortable concepts (injury, child abuse)

                      *Romance Partners: N/A

                      *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote): A life
                      threatening fall endangers young Frodo Baggins and his brooding
                      Brandybuck cousin knows he was to blame for it. Guilt can drive you
                      to many things, even the contemplation of murder.
                    • LizaLlinos@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 14, 2004
                        Hope I've got these right - I already have author consent.

                        Story Nomination Form

                        *Nominator's name: Llinos

                        *Story Title: Then and Now

                        *Story Author: Marigold

                        *Author's E-mail Address: MarigoldCotton@...

                        *Story URL: http://marigoldsredbook.crickhollow.net/fic_thenandnow.html

                        *Category Choices    (see below)
                            *1st: Hobbits
                            2nd: Drama
                            3rd: The Lord of the Rings
                        Subcategory (Mandatory for WIP, Drabble, and Poetry. Otherwise, suggest
                        something): A group of themed drabbles

                        *Rating: G

                        Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): Some angst

                        *Romance Partners: None, but feature Pippin and Merry’s friendship

                        *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote):

                        A group of themed drabbles, the first drabble in each set takes place in
                        Pippin’s childhood, the second in the set is about a similar theme to the first,
                        but takes place during the Quest.

                        ***
                        Story Nomination Form

                        *Nominator's name: Llinos

                        *Story Title: Resting Places

                        *Story URL: http://marigoldsredbook.crickhollow.net/fic_restingplaces.html

                        *Category Choices    (see below)
                            *1st: Hobbits
                            2nd: Drama
                            3rd: The Lord of the Rings
                        Subcategory (Mandatory for WIP, Drabble, and Poetry. Otherwise, suggest
                        something): A group of themed drabbles

                        *Rating: G

                        Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): Discussion of death

                        *Romance Partners: None

                        *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote):

                        A group of four themed drabbles, on the final resting places of Frodo's
                        parents, Merry's sisters, and Sam's mother, Bell.

                        ***

                        Story Nomination Form

                        *Nominator's name: Llinos

                        *Story Title: Mother Gamgee

                        *Story URL: http://marigoldsredbook.crickhollow.net/fic_mothergamgee.html

                        *Category Choices    (see below)
                            *1st: Hobbits
                            2nd: Drama
                            3rd: The Lord of the Rings
                        Subcategory (Mandatory for WIP, Drabble, and Poetry. Otherwise, suggest
                        something): Drabble set

                        *Rating: G

                        Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.): Discussion of death
                        *Romance Partners: None

                        *Summary (not a recommendation. Save that for the vote):

                        A set of four drabbles from Frodo's pov in which Bell Gamgee touches his life

                        http://www.livejournal.com/users/knittedmerry/
                        http://www.livejournal.com/users/llinos/
                        http://llinos.crickhollow.net/fanfiction.html

                        "Which reminds me: what's become of my ring, Frodo, that you took away?"
                        "I have lost it, Bilbo dear," said Frodo "I got rid of it, you know."

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 14, 2004
                          If you have author consent, forward it to me for documentation purposes.

                          Thanks.

                          --Ainaechoiriel
                          MEFA Admin and Founder

                          http://home.earthlink.net/~ainae/mefa The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards