Re: [MEFAwards] Nomination

  • Jo Dancingtree
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
      Story Nomination Form

      *Nominator's name: jodancingtree

      *Story Title: The Drunkard of Bag End

      *Story Author: jodancingtree

      *Author's E-mail Address: jodancingtree@...

      *Story URL: http://www.storiesofarda.com/chapterlistview.asp?SID=440

      *Category Choices (see Categories File or FAQ for choices)

      *1st: Hobbits

      2nd: Lord of the Rings

      3rd:
      Subcategory (Mandatory for WIP, Poetry, and Drabble. Otherwise, suggest something):

      *Rating: G

      Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.):

      *Romance Partners: n/a

      *Summary (not a reccommenddation. Save that for the vote): Frodo tries to find relief from his suffering in a bottle of brandy, but he reckoned without Sam.

    • Jo Dancingtree
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
        Not wanting to get paranoid or anything - but I nominated Cuthalion's "Winter Fire" on May 27 - I just went to the new site and couldn't find it there. Shouldn't it be up by now, or don't stories go up that fast? It's a wonderful fic, and I don't want it to get lost!

        Could somebody who knows where stories hide before they go up on the Nominations list please check into this for me?

        Thanks!

        jo

      • Jo Dancingtree
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
          Jo Dancingtree <jodancingtree@...> wrote:

          Story Nomination Form

          *Nominator's name: jodancingtree

          *Story Title: Beyond the Havens

          *Story URL: http://www.henneth-annun.net/stories/chapter_view.cfm?STID=758&SPOrdinal=1

          *Category Choices (see Categories File or FAQ for choices)

          *1st: Hobbits

          2nd: Lord of the Rings

          3rd:
          Subcategory (Mandatory for WIP, Poetry, and Drabble. Otherwise, suggest something):

          *Rating: G

          Reason for rating (violence, graphic, etc.):

          *Romance Partners: n/a

          *Summary (not a reccommenddation. Save that for the vote): At the end of a long life, Sam follows Frodo into the West.

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
            This one is already nominated.

            http://www.stormpages.com/gabrielle/lotr Land of Myth and Memory
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004

              It's not lost. You just need a little primer on the way these things are
              going on. When the catagorizer sees a nomination for their category, they
              put it into their spreadsheet and the Nominations table (in the Databases
              section of the Yahoo site). That's where Winter Fire is right now. Posted
              there on 5/29/04.

              At the same time, when an Author Contactor sees an author that falls into
              their alotted letters (mine are W-Z, for example), they contact the author.
              They put the information in the Author Contact table in the Database.

              Cuthalion is not yet in the Author Contact table.

              Then, periodically (usually once a day), I go through the Nominations
              database and cross reference it with the Author Contact table to see which
              stories are 1) nominated and 2) approved by the author. (The dates help this
              a great deal!) Once they are approved at both stages (a story might not be
              approved for nomination if some part of the form was missing), I put them on
              the web site. The ones on the web site are 100% official and in. If you
              look at the bottom of the website list of Nominations it says it was updated
              yesterday and has 393 of 434. Which means there are 434 in the Nominations
              table in the Databases section, but only 393 are 100% official yet.

              I hope that clears it up.

              > Could somebody who knows where stories hide before they go up
              > on the Nominations list please check into this for me?

              Check the Nominations table in the database. If you don't see a story that
              you nominated there, give a shout. It may be that the categorizer hasn't
              gotten to it yet. We're getting close to the end of Nomination Season so we
              need to get these caught up if they're not.

              > Thanks!

              No problem.

              http://www.stormpages.com/gabrielle/lotr Land of Myth and Memory
              Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com
            • beleg1cuthalion
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
                Hello!

                Seemingly there's a problem with the nomination of my story
                "Winter Fire". I already gave my permission to nominate it on this
                board... does that help?

                Greetings

                CĂșthalion
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2004

                  Ah, okay. Didn't remember (that is a problem since the MegaStress) and/or
                  didn't realize that was you. It wasn't in the Author database, but I'll put
                  it in there now.