Nimrodel & Amroth Banner

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
      I have uploaded my first effort for the banners in Drama >> "Nimrodel
      and Amroth."

      Since I am so new at these, I also left the graphic I used in the files
      section, in case anyone wants to try something a little more fancy.
      (Numbers and words I can handle, but colours is a whole other issue for
      me...)

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004

        Thanks!

        > Since I am so new at these,

        So was I when I made my first. Now I've made over 100! (1 over).

        > I also left the graphic I used in
        > the files section, in case anyone wants to try something a
        > little more fancy.
        > (Numbers and words I can handle, but colours is a whole other
        > issue for
        > me...)

        It's a beautiful graphic, and I think I might take a crack at it. Thanks!

        As for yours, it still needs a little work. Words and Numbers, don't worry.
        You've got "MEFA" and "2004" in there in some form which is good. You've
        also got the award title, but not in the correct form: The Nimrodel & (or
        and) Amroth Award is how it should be. Others have put "for X Fiction" at
        the end and that's okay, too.

        So, just add a "The" and an "Award" to that and I'll grab it and put it on
        the web site.

        http://www.stormpages.com/gabrielle/lotr Land of Myth and Memory
        Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004

          And so I have! I've made a banner and a button. They are named N&A #2 and
          N&A #3. The #1 spot is for Marta as soon as she gets those two other words
          on her banner.

          So Marta, when you re-upload your banner, name it N&A #1

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004
            mefaadmin@... wrote:

> [...]

            Milady, your wish is my command. N&A #1 now in the files section. If I
            *still* haven't got it right, please let me know.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 5, 2004

              Lovely! I just cropped the white space off the bottom of it for you and
              reuploaded it. And it is now gracing our website as well!

              http://www.stormpages.com/gabrielle/lotr Land of Myth and Memory
              Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com
            • trinity
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 7, 2004
                To the maker of the Amroth and Nimrodel Banner,

                I just wanted to say that I was flattered that you chose my work to
                make your banner with, though I would like to ask that in the future
                you ask for my PERMISSION before using my art. This was a
                commissioned piece, and the rights to its use go to the person who
                comissioned it and myself as per our contract. If you asked
                permission from Jen to use this graphic, then it's okay, but if not,
                please try to remember to do so the next time around.

                I'm not upset and I don't want you to take down your banner, but
                please just try to remember to email artists for permission before
                using their art.

                Thank you,
                Trinity
                www.trinitycross.net
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 7, 2004
                  Good point. I didn't question where the artwork came from when Marta put it
                  up for use. I will ask then in hindsight, and if you want me to remove my
                  two, I will. May I? By the way, it is a lovely image.

                  And that's a good point all around. Anyone making banners--and anyone who
                  has already made banners--from original artwork not their own should find
                  out if permission is needed and if so, obtain it. If your banner is in
                  question, let me know, and I'll move them all to a temporary holding folder
                  on the Yahoo site and remove them from the web site, until all is in the
                  clear.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 7, 2004
                    mefaadmin@... wrote:

                    > Good point. I didn't question where the artwork came from when Marta
                    > put it
                    > up for use. I will ask then in hindsight, and if you want me to remove my
                    > two, I will. May I? By the way, it is a lovely image.
                    >
                    > And that's a good point all around. Anyone making banners--and anyone who
                    > has already made banners--from original artwork not their own should find
                    > out if permission is needed and if so, obtain it. If your banner is in
                    > question, let me know, and I'll move them all to a temporary holding
                    > folder
                    > on the Yahoo site and remove them from the web site, until all is in the
                    > clear.
                    >
                    > --Ainaechoiriel

                    Ainae-

                    This was my mistake. I'm not used to working with fanart, and it didn't
                    occur to me to ask. I apologised privately to Trinity and we're emailing
                    offlist right now. I'll let you know as soon as I figure out whether we
                    can use the banner.

                    Marta

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 7, 2004
                      Hi Ainae,

                      Marta and I have already spoken, so please feel free to keep the
                      banners up. It's all good. :)

                      Thanks,
                      Trinity