  • Lissa
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2012
      Dear MEFA staff,

      When I first joined this fandom in 2007, the MEFAs seemed to me an institution and the archive a regular treasure trove. Therefore I am saddened to hear about the cancellation of the MEFA's, but of course I understand how this huge undertaking could become... just too much.

      As Aranel said, Real Life comes first!

      Thank you, all of you who worked so hard over the years to make the MEFAs function; those of you who set up this award in the first place; those of you who patiently explained all the ins and outs to first-time participants *coughs* - probably for the 117th time that year.

      Thank you to all you volunteers for the sheer determination that made you slave through the - I'm sure - numerous tiresome tasks required to run a project as complex as this.

      One would have wished that the MEFAs hadn't ended on such a sad note, but please take with you the knowledge that many, many people in fandom have enjoyed your hard work, and accept our gratitude.

      All the best,
      Lissa