Re: a difficult decision, and a poll

  • lainien01
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 3, 2012
      I loved the MEFAs! I will miss them! And I voted for one more year. Hopefully we will get it so we can have one last round of fun. I have always enjoyed the MEFA's 'feel good, everyone is having fun and getting along' aspect. That is so rare in fandoms that it was a refreshing treat.

      I run an archive in another fandom though. I am also the programmer for the site. I totally understand the time constraints of programming new functions into custom code (and this site is obviously custom--not one of those out-of-the-box programs you can buy). Between real life and required updates, I barely have time to code in new things. So I totally understand that this team might be exhausted, after all that's been going on, and feel ready to let it go.

      Let's go out on a high note! And let's hope someone else brings in something great. I'd give a new awards a try if someone made one based on this vote by reviewing format. That's a cool idea and I've enjoyed voting!
      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 3, 2012
        And I, too, thank all who have contributed to the MEFAs since its inception, and
        particularly Marta and Elliska.
        Bonnie L. Sherrell
        Teacher at Large

        "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

        "Don't go where I can't follow."