Re: [MEFAwards] Re: a difficult decision, and a poll

  • Berni Crumb
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 2, 2012
      I have to say that I am appalled to hear of the personal attacks happening
      to you, Marta, and the other individuals you mentioned.

      It certainly never crossed my mind that the MEFA team was being
      obstructionist in any way by asking that the debate on the issue at hand be
      temporarily postponed until the team's workload during the nomination
      season eased to give them enough time to be able to give the issue the
      close attention it deserves.

      I come to this discussion late due to a malfunctioning computer, but after
      reading the correspondence on the yahoo list, I want to cry. The anger and
      nastiness that has spilled over the community has distressed me greatly.

      I will not bother saying what my opinion of the rating policy is. It
      appears to be a moot point now.

      To the entire MEFA team, I thank you for the hundreds of hours that you
      have devoted to the awards over the years. The awards were what got me into
      LOTR Fanfiction as a writer. I'm so terribly sad to see them go.

      A fellowship has been broken.

      Rhyselle

      Message 35 of 35 , Jul 3, 2012
        And I, too, thank all who have contributed to the MEFAs since its inception, and
        particularly Marta and Elliska.
        Bonnie L. Sherrell
        Teacher at Large

        "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

        "Don't go where I can't follow."