Last year's reviews - possible glitch?

  • mvoltfan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
      Hey all -

      I was looking at the site and see it has been updated with the stories that competed last years...or at least, I saw my story that competed. The reviews I received don't seem to be there, though, and I was wondering if there was some kind of glitch about the upload. I think there should have been 13 (there might have been more): instead, I see the last review I received, from the exquisite IgnobleBard, repeated three times:

      http://archive.mefawards.org/story_info.php?story=487&year=2011

      I also wondered if we have any history of author responses we made to reviews received? The onus was probably on me to make a back-up, but I failed to do that, so I figured I'd ask.

      ~ The Lauderdale
    • Aranel Took
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
        Hi Lauderdale,

        Sorry about that. With everything that's been going on recently, I had to
        abandon my work on getting the archive updated. I only managed to get the
        2011 stories uploaded. There had been a glitch with importing the reviews
        (we have an entirely new database format starting in 2011, so I can't use
        the same methods used in previous years), but I never got back to fixing
        it. I'll go delete the reviews that are in there for now (just from the
        archive, the original reviews are still in my copy of the 2011 awards
        database).

        The archive is on the back burner right now while we deal with everything
        else. Review replies will be included with the import, but I really have no
        idea when I'll be able to get back to working on the archive at this time.
        If there is a particular review or reply you are looking for, I can try to
        find it for you in the database after the awards are under way (next
        weekend?).

        Thanks,
        Aranel

        On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM, mvoltfan <cartoon6@...> wrote:

        > Hey all -
        >
        > I was looking at the site and see it has been updated with the stories
        > that competed last years...or at least, I saw my story that competed. The
        > reviews I received don't seem to be there, though, and I was wondering if
        > there was some kind of glitch about the upload. I think there should have
        > been 13 (there might have been more): instead, I see the last review I
        > received, from the exquisite IgnobleBard, repeated three times:
        >
        > http://archive.mefawards.org/story_info.php?story=487&year=2011
        >
        > I also wondered if we have any history of author responses we made to
        > reviews received? The onus was probably on me to make a back-up, but I
        > failed to do that, so I figured I'd ask.
        >
        > ~ The Lauderdale

      • mvoltfan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
          "The archive is on the back burner right now while we deal with everything else."

          That's perfectly understandable. Thank you for your quick reply.

          ~ The Lauderdale

          --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Aranel Took <araneltook@...> wrote:

          > Hi Lauderdale,
          >
          > Sorry about that. With everything that's been going on recently, I had to
          > abandon my work on getting the archive updated. I only managed to get the
          > 2011 stories uploaded. There had been a glitch with importing the reviews
          > (we have an entirely new database format starting in 2011, so I can't use
          > the same methods used in previous years), but I never got back to fixing
          > it. I'll go delete the reviews that are in there for now (just from the
          > archive, the original reviews are still in my copy of the 2011 awards
          > database).
          >
          > The archive is on the back burner right now while we deal with everything
          > else. Review replies will be included with the import, but I really have no
          > idea when I'll be able to get back to working on the archive at this time.
          > If there is a particular review or reply you are looking for, I can try to
          > find it for you in the database after the awards are under way (next
          > weekend?).
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Aranel
          >
          > On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 11:20 AM, mvoltfan <cartoon6@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hey all -
          > >
          > > I was looking at the site and see it has been updated with the stories
          > > that competed last years...or at least, I saw my story that competed. The
          > > reviews I received don't seem to be there, though, and I was wondering if
          > > there was some kind of glitch about the upload. I think there should have
          > > been 13 (there might have been more): instead, I see the last review I
          > > received, from the exquisite IgnobleBard, repeated three times:
          > >
          > > http://archive.mefawards.org/story_info.php?story=487&year=2011
          > >
          > > I also wondered if we have any history of author responses we made to
          > > reviews received? The onus was probably on me to make a back-up, but I
          > > failed to do that, so I figured I'd ask.
          > >
          > > ~ The Lauderdale

        • mvoltfan
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012