Re: [MEFAwards] MEFAwards 2012 Ratings System: Objections and Alternative Proposals

  • Sulriel of Menegroth
    Message 1 of 89 , Jun 28, 2012
      FWIW, as someone who has been at least peripherally involved with the MEFA
      since day one, I really like the proposed changes overall. All things, it
      seems, need tweakage, but I love the idea of being able to basically
      blanket accept stories based on their existing ratings wherever they are
      archives and i love the idea of being able to give a 1 for violence and a 5
      for sex, if that's what it is, or however the story runs.

      It seems to me that it puts a great deal more flexibility in the hands of
      the authors to easily and quickly pocket-hole their story and a great deal
      of information to the reader to easily choose which stories seem appealing.

      *
      ***Becky Burkheart*
      *Write Horses Right ~ avoid the The 33 Worst Mistakes Writers Make About
      Horses<http://aconspiracyofauthors.com/acoajoom/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=77>

      *Short and Twisted Fairy
      Tales<http://www.amazon.com/Short-Twisted-Fairy-Tales-ebook/dp/B008C33UEK/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340341155&sr=1-1>
      Unique
      twists on seven classic fairy tales*

      Message 89 of 89 , Jul 1, 2012
        Real life has been consuming my time the last few days. I, too, would like to
        be made part of any group that discusses this situation, both because I'm on the
        ratings team this year, and because I write stories that examine many very adult
        themes in spite of being purposely written to lessen the impact of the topics so
        as not to be terrifically offensive.
        Bonnie L. Sherrell
        Teacher at Large

        "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

        "Don't go where I can't follow."