2011 MEFAs - final loose ends

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 12, 2012

      Just a few last ends about the 2011 MEFAs.

      1. BANNERS

      If you won an award, you may use one of the ones that already have
      subcategory/award information, or you may request that a banner be
      customized for you. If you'd like to have a banner customized for you,
      please ask at

      http://mefa-banners.livejournal.com/11253.html

      Remember, you have until January 15 (Sunday) to get your requests in, so
      please go ahead and work on that. And if you have questions, please
      email me at mefasupportATgmailDOTcom.

      2. POST-MORTEM

      As always, we try to improve the MEFAs every year. If you have general
      topics you'd like to discuss, please feel free to email me at
      mefasupportATgmailDOTcom. If you have specific suggestions you can make
      them at

      http://mefas.livejournal.com/266431.html

      Ideally I'd like to start discussing them next week. So if at all
      possible, please try to get them to me by January 15 (Sunday). If you
      really don't have time to write them out by then I'll accept suggestions
      through the following weekend, January 22. We gladly take suggestions
      both on how the site functions but also on our policies and other things
      you think could be improved on.

      3. 2011 STATS

      For all you MEFA-wonks out there, Aranel has tracked down some
      statistics for this year's awards. These are also available at our website.

      TOTAL # OF NOMINATIONS: 538
      TOTAL # OF REVIEWS - 3,540
      TOTAL REVIEW POINTS - 17,448
      TOTAL # OF REVIEW CHARACTERS - 1,814,549

      AVG. REVIEW SCORE - 5
      AVG. # OF REVIEW CHARACTERS - 513
      AVG. TOTAL POINTS PER NOMINATION - 32
      AVG. TOTAL CHARACTERS PER NOMINATION - 3,364

      LONGEST REVIEW - 3,364
      REVIEWS >2,000 CHARS - 18
      MAX PTS FOR SINGLE NOMINATION - 117
      MAX # CHARACTERS FOR SINGLE NOMINATION - 18,324
      MAX # OF REVIEWS FOR SINGLE NOMINATION - 101

      # OF REVIEWERS - 101
      # OF AUTHORS - 131
      # OF NOMINATORS - 76
      # OF PARTICIPANTS - 179

      You can compare this to previous years:

      Thank you, one and all!

      Message 2 of 7 , May 20, 2012
        Are we going to have the awards this year? I've been compiling my list!
        Bonnie L. Sherrell
        Teacher at Large

        "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

        "Don't go where I can't follow."
        Message 3 of 7 , May 20, 2012
          Hi Bonnie,

          We definitely plan on having them. The post-mortem took longer than
          expected this year (mainly because of yours truly being too busy with RL to
          give it the time it needed), and we're just now finishing up that
          discussion. Then Aranel will need time to tweak the website a bit. So I'm
          not sure when exactly the awards will start. But rest assured, they WILL
          happen. Once I know when we'll be ready to start, I'll make an announcement
          to that effect.

          In the mean time, making your list of pieces you'd like to nominate is a
          definite good thing. Glad to know you're excited to begin, and I hope other
          people are too!

          Marta

          On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Bonnie L. Sherrell <blslarner@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Are we going to have the awards this year? I've been compiling my list!
          > Bonnie L. Sherrell
          > Teacher at Large

        • Linda
          Message 4 of 7 , May 20, 2012
            Thanks for posting this, Bonnie, I'd like to know too if I should prepare my list!

            Linda

            Message 5 of 7 , May 20, 2012
              Hi Linda,

              Sorry to keep you wondering. Yes, they will be happening, so go ahead and
              start thinking about what you would like to nominate.

              Marta

              On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Linda <gingerleo@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Thanks for posting this, Bonnie, I'd like to know too if I should prepare
              > my list!
              >
              > Linda

            • Ellin Ithilwen
              Message 6 of 7 , May 20, 2012
                I, too, just started to wonder about the new season. It's great to hear that we'll have it! :)))

                Ellynn

                ________________________________
                Sorry to keep you wondering. Yes, they will be happening, so go ahead and
                start thinking about what you would like to nominate.

                Marta

                On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Linda <gingerleo@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Thanks for posting this, Bonnie, I'd like to know too if I should prepare
                > my list!
                >
                > Linda

              • Linda
                Message 7 of 7 , May 20, 2012
                  That's great news! Thanks for letting us know, Marta,

                  Linda