Displaying Spoiler Reviews

  • Aranel
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 26, 2011
      Hey all,

      I've added the option of turning off hidden spoilers in the reviews. So if you don't care about spoilers, you won't have to click the collapsible box anymore.

      To turn off hidden spoilers, you need to go to your Account Settings (Members > Your MEFA Account Settings). Under MEFA Settings, it will tell you what your current spoiler settings are. Click on "Change Your Preferences", and you will be able to turn off hidden spoilers in reviews. Reviews will then be displayed like other reviews, except for a "SPOILERS" note at the beginning.

      There is also a link at the top of the review listing (if you are logged in) that will take you directly to your spoiler settings page.

      Please let me know if you see any problems/errors.

      Thanks,
      Aranel
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 28, 2011
        Thank you so much!

        Linda
        --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Aranel" <araneltook@...> wrote:

        > Hey all,
        >
        > I've added the option of turning off hidden spoilers in the reviews. So if you don't care about spoilers, you won't have to click the collapsible box anymore.
        >
        > To turn off hidden spoilers, you need to go to your Account Settings (Members > Your MEFA Account Settings). Under MEFA Settings, it will tell you what your current spoiler settings are. Click on "Change Your Preferences", and you will be able to turn off hidden spoilers in reviews. Reviews will then be displayed like other reviews, except for a "SPOILERS" note at the beginning.
        >
        > There is also a link at the top of the review listing (if you are logged in) that will take you directly to your spoiler settings page.
        >
        > Please let me know if you see any problems/errors.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Aranel

      • F.D
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 2, 2011
          I don't think I've been able to review *anything* new for a few weeks now, but thanks for adding this feature. I find that reading reviews can prompt me to go look for a particular story.

          Clicking to see a spoiler-tagged review doesn't take long, granted, but when I'm busy, it's going to be the length of a review that attracts my attention first. If I see a big block of text, that says somebody really liked the story, which will (if I have time) often prompt me to pause on that review, and ups the chance that I will click on the story and read it myself.

          Dwim

          --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Aranel" <araneltook@...> wrote:

          > Hey all,
          >
          > I've added the option of turning off hidden spoilers in the reviews. So if you don't care about spoilers, you won't have to click the collapsible box anymore.
          >
          > To turn off hidden spoilers, you need to go to your Account Settings (Members > Your MEFA Account Settings). Under MEFA Settings, it will tell you what your current spoiler settings are. Click on "Change Your Preferences", and you will be able to turn off hidden spoilers in reviews. Reviews will then be displayed like other reviews, except for a "SPOILERS" note at the beginning.
          >
          > There is also a link at the top of the review listing (if you are logged in) that will take you directly to your spoiler settings page.
          >
          > Please let me know if you see any problems/errors.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Aranel

        • mvoltfan
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 3, 2011
            On the subject of the option to turn off hidden reviews, is it meant to stick? When I sign in again after being logged out, I find spoiler reviews hidden again - although interestingly, when I click the link to account settings under the review filter, I find my tick still in the box for "Turn off hidden spoilers in reviews." I just have to click "Set Spoiler Preference" again each time.

            Anyway, put me down as another person who likes the option of turning off the hidden feature. 8)

            ~ Lauderdale
          • F.D
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 3, 2011
              I was just going to ask the same question...

              Dwim

              --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "mvoltfan" <cartoon6@...> wrote:

              > On the subject of the option to turn off hidden reviews, is it meant to stick? When I sign in again after being logged out, I find spoiler reviews hidden again - although interestingly, when I click the link to account settings under the review filter, I find my tick still in the box for "Turn off hidden spoilers in reviews." I just have to click "Set Spoiler Preference" again each time.
              >
              > Anyway, put me down as another person who likes the option of turning off the hidden feature. 8)
              >
              > ~ Lauderdale

            • Aranel Took
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 3, 2011
                Hi Lauderdale and Dwim,

                I've fixed the problem with the spoiler setting. It should now be working
                after you log out and log back in. Sorry about that!

                Thanks,
                Aranel

                On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM, F.D <dwimmer_laik@...> wrote:

                > I was just going to ask the same question...
                >
                > Dwim
                >
                > --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "mvoltfan" <cartoon6@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > On the subject of the option to turn off hidden reviews, is it meant to
                > stick? When I sign in again after being logged out, I find spoiler reviews
                > hidden again - although interestingly, when I click the link to account
                > settings under the review filter, I find my tick still in the box for "Turn
                > off hidden spoilers in reviews." I just have to click "Set Spoiler
                > Preference" again each time.
                > >
                > > Anyway, put me down as another person who likes the option of turning off
                > the hidden feature. 8)
                > >
                > > ~ Lauderdale

              • mvoltfan
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 4, 2011
                  Hey Aranel,

                  Looks like that did it. I've logged in several times since with no problem. Thanks for the fix!

                  ~ Lauderdale