Disappearing Wishlists?

  • Elleth
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2011
      Hi,

      has anyone else noticed the problem of stories disappearing from their
      wishlists? I'm not talking of removing stories, placing them on the skip
      list or taking them off via reviewing (haven't done any of that in a while),
      but mine has shrunk from 200+ stories (I don't recall the exact number) to
      now 45 with no apparent reason, and while I heard from three other people
      that they were having a similar problem, still wasn't sure whether these
      were isolated incidents or a bug that affected the whole userbase.

      Elleth

    • Marlyn Bumpus
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2011
        Hi Elleth!

        Nope, it isn't just you. I just went and checked my wish list - which WAS at about 75 stories - and it now sits a a measly 1.

        Not fun. It takes time to go thru and mark the ones I wanted to read. This is VERY discouraging!!!

        Cuio mae.

        Aearwen

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2011
          Dear Elleth and Aearwen: That is my experience, too! My wish list has shrunk from, I believe, a hundred or more, to a mere twenty-six! What is going on? Sincerely, Darkover

        • Ellin Ithilwen
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2011
            The same happened to me and I told Aranel about it. It was some two months ago, I think. She then sent an e-mail to the group asking if anyone else had the same problem; I don't know if anyone replied to her back then.Ok, it is sort of comforting to see that the problem is not in me.

            Ellynn

          • isisrising08@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 14, 2011
              Oh, this is not good! My wish list shrunk to 7. I know for a fact I had a
              lot more than that...

              - Erulisse (one L)
              Sandra Graves
              Isis Rising
              Artistic Endeavors with Wings of Light

              Blog at _http://sandragravesisisrising.blogspot.com/_
              (http://sandragravesisisrising.blogspot.com/)
              Website at _http://isisrising08.com/_ (http://isisrising08.com/)

            • elhanan_austin
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 14, 2011
                Just checked my wishlist. I only had 30 stories in it but now it's down to 28 and I haven't gotten around to actually reviewing anything yet. Luckily, I made a list of the stories in a WORD doc so I don't really care but it is frustrating because now I have to go and find the missing stories instead of having them conveniently in one place for me to look at. Hope the problem is fixed soon or we're going to have very frustrated readers.

                Fiondil
              • linaewen0
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 14, 2011
                  I may as well chime in with everyone else. I don't know how many I had on my list (I haven't looked or been adding to it lately) but I know it was definitely more than 3 -- which is the number I currently have on my wishlist.

                  Hopefully they aren't actually missing, just being blocked by some stray code or something!

                  Lin