spam messages

  • aure_enteluva
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011

      Around 2:01 PM today, an email address associated with a long-time MEFA member (silvermoonlady1) sent several messages in quick suggestion that look like spam. I am confident that SilverMoonLady had her email address hijacked by orksy spammers, and I hope she can get the situation under control without too much trouble.

      In the mean time, I have moderated messages coming from her in case more spam is sent from her account. SilverMoonLady, if you are reading this, I *will* approve legitimate messages from you, though it may take a few hours for them to show up. I also deleted the spam messages from our group website, though those of you who get posts by email will have already seen them. If that's the case with you, do *not* click the links in them.

      Marta
    • Cynthia Johnson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
        *dodges the flying cans of spam* I figured that had to be the reason behind the mass messages.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
          I haven't heard from her on our shared fansites, on the MEFA pages, or on LJ
          for... well, since I nominated her for last year's awards. :( Hope she knows
          what happened. Anyone tried to contact her, or should I shoot her an
          email/PM?

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
            Hiya Neume,

            I haven't heard from her in ages, myself - but we never ran in the same
            circles that much. (My loss!) If you know her or know how to reach her, it
            may be a good idea to reach out to her.

          • Neume Indil
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2011
              K. I'll send a PM through OSA. I know she's got kids and a job and all that
              usual stuff, but in theory, she's still around somewhere. :)